How to save yer fooked AZbox HD...

maanvol

Registered
Because the manual, to get access to the box, instructs to do so. I did change the file permissions. It's all right now.

I regained access to the box, but made the mistake to install 'RTi_Core_1.5.3' -- yes, indeed, again stuck at '=s'!!!

I shall have to start all over again!

I will not dare to install 'RTi' again! It functions like a virus... For what reason, do they not test the stuff before offering it online? If time after time my box gets stuck, so will theirs!

Last edited:

gorski

Registered
It's because you're not reading. Nothing else.

When in =s FTP to the box and change the file mentioned just about everywhere...

Look, install 1.4, from scratch. Or PB-E2 VX (see my "How to"). Kill it at the back, then back on again, press and hold the > button on the front panel, wait for AZ's IP address and use JAZUp 2.4 to flash it.

Which manual instructs you to back the kernel up? What for?

Every RTi E2 contains "Back to original FW" folder in which you have the original kernel.

So, start reading more and carefully prepare...

Good luck!

gorski

Registered
=s doesn't necessarily mean "needs recovery procedure" - try flashing it as I suggested...

On the other hand you said you had E2, not OFW in your box...

gorski

Registered
Sorry, my bad - you meant this:

Step 8
Return to the putty windows, where it asks login and password.
The user is root, and the password azbox.
Type:
cd /tmp (We move to /tmp directory)
chmod a+x update (We give the file run permission)
./update /MMP/backup_kernel (start restoration)

OK, I get what you meant at that particular step...

Still, I think it's OK to re-flash the box....

Good luck!

P.S. Not testing (enough) is an RTI team MALADY, for sure...

maanvol

Registered
I do apologize, for my ignorance, but in the 'jazup' folder I do not find an application(.exe) to install it on the pc.

maanvol

Registered
How is the hardware acceleration to be turned off on the azbox?
What is the function of hardware acceleration? Does one have to turn it on again, after installation of the software has taken place? Many thanks.

gorski

Registered
No, leave it off.

Jazzup at my end works via .jar file. You do not need to install it.

Do me a favour, get my PG E2 how to, read it and as you are reading - just do it...:thum:

Last edited:

jamal1980

Registered
Hi gorski i hope u will read my post! i have a big problem in my azbox and nobody seems to give me a clear answer or solution! Everything is working good! except when it comes to scanning channels! There is signal from the dish (very good quality) but when i scan a satellite it retuns 00 channels! i tried the dish with another receiver it works perfect! some guys told me that the tuner is dead but when i connect another receiver to the loop (lnb out) of azbox the that receiver works perfect! which means the tuner is not dead! I think something is damage by electricity but i dont know what! do you have any solution plz! or a manual how to repair it! I tried all images E2, aztrino and OFW all have the same problem! my box is empty now i cant scan any channel! but i can watch youtube and all the other stuff except channels! plz help me!

jamal1980

Registered
THANKS for reply gorski! at last i make it work! in official firmware TV default was disabled! i enabled it and signal comes back!

gorski

Registered
Aaaaa, you were on OFW...

Good on you that you managed...

Now, sell it and buy a good one! :D

niallerf

Registered
Azbox recovery attempt from stuck at booting

Hi,

I get the following error in Putty at the final point or recovery of my Azbox. I have followed the full instructions, however that is the result I get. I have tried 3 times now and get the same result each time. Any suggestions by anyone? Am at my wits end with this!

On final unix command:
./update /MMP/backup_kernel

it attempts to reboot but always results in:

Processing xrpc_xload_yamon_ES4_prod.bin (start: 0x8c040090, size: 0x0002fe84)
Checking zboot file signature .. Not found.
Trying xrpc_xload format .. OK
Checking zboot file signature at 0x13000000 .. OK
Decompressing to 0x91200000 .. OK (453328/0x6ead0).
Load time total 173/255 msec.
Execute final at 0x91200000 ..

* YAMON ROM Monitor
* Revision 02.06-SIGMADESIGNS-01-2.8.0.1
Memory: code: 0x11000000-0x11040000, 0x11200000-0x11204000
reserved data: 0x11240000-0x12440000, PCI memory: 0x12440000-0x12840000
Environment variable 'start' exists. After 1 seconds
it will be interpreted as a YAMON command and executed.
Press Ctrl-C (or do BREAK) to bypass this.

xrpc failed (9)--- if a xtask is using a cipher or if you reboot
--- xrpc will fail with RM_BUSY
Checking zboot signature.. it's not zboot file.
Error : Internal, code = ffffffff

thanks
niall

cata2ca

Donating Member
Help please with changing the MAC address on an AZBox premium HD.

I own 2 AZBox and about 6 month ago I "bricked" one of them.

Using the info from this forum (many thanks) I was able to bring it back to life.
A few days ago I "bricked" the second and ...no problem Jtag 24Hours and Flash worked like a charm...until...
I discovered that both boxes have the same MAC address and it is impossible to manage both through the network and the router assign them same IP. For now I use WIFI on one of them.

Can the MAC address can be changed? Yamon instruction refer to this as being hardware issue. can somebody help me with the correct instructions?

Last edited:

cata2ca

Donating Member
Dreambox and Vu+ is able to.
Is there more than one version of Jtag file "az3_nor_flash" ?

I believe that when my mac address was changed, yamon does not have access to that (at least not in the official manual)

Thanks

cata2ca

Donating Member
Dreambox and Vu+ MAC allow you to change it.
Is there more than one version of Jtag file "az3_nor_flash" ?

I believe that when my mac address was changed

Thanks

Last edited:

cata2ca

Donating Member
I was right, I edited az3.bin and confirm that MAC address , date of manufacturing and other interesting numbers are there.

I can see out there a lot of "twin" AZBox that after jtag are sharing the same MAC # :rolleyes:

Unfortunately my attempts to change that MAC value failed when I saved back the file. It is obvious I do not use the right editor but I have no clue what to use.
Do you?

Last edited: