vu+ solo pro with red light on

icekrim

Registered
yes jtag is 212 and it works again 100% whit bbs .
Hi Ersin328,
i've the same issue with my vu solo pro can you give me some information about how to jtag my box?
i've already BBS working well on a XP computer because i've already done a jtag on a cloud ibox3
Thanks for your support in advance

icekrim

Registered
Hi Ersin328,
i've the same issue with my vu solo pro can you give me some information about how to jtag my box?
i've already BBS working well on a XP computer because i've already done a jtag on a cloud ibox3
Thanks for your support in advance
i reach to get connected on BBS but i think my chip is dead because bad sectors start is written

Last edited:

gudjng

Registered
I just recovered a cloud-ibox with this jtag interfase.
I first had to solder pins to logic board for the jtag connector on p212. First I tried to read the Thoshiba chip (TC58NVG0S3ET00) but I always got error bad sectors on first block. I tried for few times and tried to erase the chip and that finally worked. I had the firmware on disk so after erase I could program he IC. It took 1.5 hour.
Strange thing I only connected 3 wires did not use no1 or 3.3v.
Hope this will help someone.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
I just recovered a cloud-ibox with this jtag interfase.
I first had to solder pins to logic board for the jtag connector on p212. First I tried to read the Thoshiba chip (TC58NVG0S3ET00) but I always got error bad sectors on first block. I tried for few times and tried to erase the chip and that finally worked. I had the firmware on disk so after erase I could program he IC. It took 1.5 hour.
Strange thing I only connected 3 wires did not use no1 or 3.3v.
Hope this will help someone.

The 3.3 volt pin is not needed it will get its power from the usb connection.

gudjng

Registered
Yes the Cypress CY7C68013A board gets it power from usb.
On all the Jtag instruction pages you are supposed to connect pin1 on the Cypress to pin 1 on tuner.
I was under the impression that 3.3v was needed to erase or program the IC on the tuner. I know you can read the chip with out vcc but I was surprised that 3.3v was not needed to erase/program.
Perhaps the vcc is coming form the tuner it self.
But lesson learned here for me is even though the Brodcome
complains about bad sectors on chip it can work if you try again.

kapoaug

Registered
Hi. I have the same problem with Vu solo pro. Red light after flashed with OpenPli 4.0. i trying to reflashed with other firmware, but without succes..Is the third time hapent to me. With to first i replaced the flash Toshiba, but i not have more chipp flash memory. I want to ask you, this Cypress CY7C68013A EZ-USB FX2LP USB2.0 Developement Board/module help to disolve the problem with Jtag or not?? I hope somebody reply me. Thank you..

m2farid

Registered
Can a USB to TTL Converter Module with Built-in CP2102 Un Set be used to jtag?

Hi,

I would like to know if I can use this to jtag vu solo pro with toshiba flash
This is the model i m talking about.
[ame="http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00AFRXKFU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00"]USB à TTL Convertisseur USB to TTL Converter Module with Built-in CP2102 Un Set: Amazon.fr: Informatique[/ame]

Many thanks

mamad_hv

Registered
Hey guys
Thank you very good training and good guidance.
My question is how to get the files you want to JTAG?
I think the question you asked me a lot of users to be teachers.