second screen

fanmail

Registered
I just ordered my duo2 (I am very excited)

I have read a lot of reviews about the new box, all are saying is very impressive. But I have not seen much on the second screen (LCD)

I am guessing it will show Picons, what else do we think the LCD screen will do.

I also want to buy a new hard drive, can the duo2 handle a 2tb hard drive.

Another question is which is best a 2.5 or 3.5, is one better than the other

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Im lead to understand it can even show what your watching, im thinking a screen that size no matter what's displayed will wind me up to be honest.

Th old duo could use a 2tb drive so I don't think there will be a issue using a drive that size on the duo2.

Ive pre ordered also and like you ive chose a 2tb drive for it. Low speed 5000rpm 3.5 ive gone for the 2.5 may be quieter.

fanmail

Registered
Im lead to understand it can even show what your watching, im thinking a screen that size no matter what's displayed will wind me up to be honest.

Th old duo could use a 2tb drive so I don't think there will be a issue using a drive that size on the duo2.

Ive pre ordered also and like you ive chose a 2tb drive for it. Low speed 5000rpm 3.5 ive gone for the 2.5 may be quieter.

thanks for your reply.

I've gone for DVB-S/S2 Twin tuner and DVB-C/T tuner setup
with DVB-C/T tuner I will be using my rooftop arial, so I should get freeview channels, will I also be able get HD freeview channels with DVB-C/T tuner

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Well ive no need for DVB/C and the T is none T2 so you wont get HD Freeview just SD.

A T2 tuner is in development im told.

Ive gone with twin and single DVBS-S2

fanmail

Registered
[QUOTE pre ordered also and like you ive chose a 2tb drive for it. Low speed 5000rpm 3.5 ive gone for the 2.5 may be quieter.[/QUOTE]

ok thank you, I think I will go with a 2.5, what difference does the rpm make, is faster better or quicker

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
You don't need the 7200 drives and they tend to make more noise.

frank087234

Registered
I think lcd screen is picked up off dm800se.
I think it is too small to show anything clearly unless we sit down staring at it!
Apart from fast processor for initial booting, nothing special about it, not worth 500 quid.

fanmail

Registered
Need some help with the LCD screen, I want to be able show picons, the LCD4Linux menu is quite big, I not sure how to display picons