adding biss to smart dvb 64 bit version?

slayer7

Donating Member
adding biss to smart dvb 64 bit version? or even the 32 bit version. there are no info or guides anywhere its crazy. cheers

ParsianSat

Registered
Hi,

@milan58, how can we add those Biss and other plugins to the folder. Because I only see vplug and powervu. I mean that is biss plugin a folder that we can copy and past it into mdplugins? If so, where can I find the biss plugin?

Thank you in advance for your reply!

slayer7

Donating Member
biss

thanks milan but i cannot get any plugins like you or the other user, i have tried everything. i have put biss folder in plugins folder also mdapi folder and nothing appears in 64 bit or 32 bit versions. tried acamd and powervu they dont appear either

milan58

Super VIP
Which operating system you use(Windows?).
Show some pictures maybe someone can help you.

slayer7

Donating Member
win10

i am using windows 10. i tried dvd dream and that crashes constantly when trying to tune frequencies. i heard win7 was better/stable for it but i am not going back to windows7. so tried smartdvb which to me seems to have way more options and seems stable. the only prob is the plugins for me. my windows 10 version is not updated to the latest it could be that?

slayer7

Donating Member
mdplugins

thanks milan have sorted it i put folder in mdapi instead of putting it in and creating new folder called mdplugins:)

only problem now is its asked for 12 digit hex key? i only have 16 digit key? how to convert? thanks

Last edited:

slayer7

Donating Member
biss

its ok i have figured out from another forum for BISS plugin you have to edit out 4 digits to get 12 digit key. worked for me anyway

eg

16 digit key example

AA BB CC DD EE FF GG HH

becomes

AA BB CC (DD) EE FF GG (HH) take out the fourth and eight digits in brackets

leaving 12 digit key below

AA BB CC EE FF GG

you can also use vplugin 2.46 and enter dcw 16 digit key in and that works too

cheers

Last edited:

milan58

Super VIP
There is one trick in Windows7, and I assume it's also in Windows10.When installing, for example, SMARTDVB (x32),
Windows makes the right folders in some of their positions and after installing them because they are not changing.
For example I want to add in mdplugin BISS.ini I first copy it to the desktop and copy it from the desktop to the folder C:\Users\milan\AppData\Local\SmartDVB.
By the same principle 0019.ini from desktop to copy in C:\Users\milan\AppData\Local\SmartDVB\Transponders.

rocSTEADY

Registered
thanks milan have sorted it i put folder in mdapi instead of putting it in and creating new folder called mdplugins:)

only problem now is its asked for 12 digit hex key? i only have 16 digit key? how to convert? thanks

I am having the same exact issue you had, can you please show a screen cap of how you have set up your folders in order for BISS to show in the plugins drop down menu?

rocSTEADY

Registered
Look at the pictures will be clear to you.

you are right, I missed it the first time, I was trying to look for the plug in drop down menu in the main smartdvb window NOT in the MDAPIHost separate window which is where I am now able to see it