How to upload new Image in 9000HD???

mirg

Registered
What is the best way to upload new Images (like r6542)into the box? With USB or Telenet? A short instruction would help! :confused:

xxxAxxx

Super VIP
hi..you ask for "" A short instruction would help!"" and we give you.... :) :)
menu--and go on 3th line press ok --over there you will see network update press ok and flow instructions ....

mirg

Registered
I know, but on the server from AB is NOT the newes firmware! Therfor I like to flash the r6543 firmware via USB or Network or FTP???? Any advise?:rolleyes:

B

boxgot

Im not sure,maybe im wrong and sorry for that. But maybe you should flash images through RS232 and USB port.You have to downloade FlashTools_v1.0.2 tool.

Againe sorry. This is totally new world for me.I hope i helped a litle.

xxxAxxx

Super VIP
this will show you how to install usb drivers in you pc

1. Download and install the Flash tools(version 1.0.2) program on your PC
2. AC power Off in the rear panel or press power button and OK button simultaneously on the front panel. (This is to make
Cold Off mode)
3. Connect between your PC and STB with USB Cable
4. AC Power On.
5. Press and keep holding the Power button and press + right direction button on the front panel, and you see “USB
UPGRADE” in the front panel.
6. PC detects new hardware device (important) to INSTALL the USB driver
7. Driver Installation Wizard Appears
8. Select ‘install from a list or specific location (advanced)’ and click ‘Next’.
9. Select ‘Include this location in the search’ and click ‘Browse’
10. Designate the folder at C:/Program files/Flash_tools) and click ‘Next’
11. Wizard will search the driver file.
12. Select ‘USB FOR VESTA – c;/windows/inf/vestausb.inf’ and click ‘Next’
12.1. If it asks system file in some case, Browse at c:/program files/Flash_tools/vestausb and click ‘OK’
13. Click ‘Finish’ when it is done.
Important: The order of this procedure is very important; please do follow the instruction step by step.
When Driver is installed successfully, it is ready to download the latest image to the STB

(use the client usb port ok)

----------------------------------------------------------

after you finnish installation usb driver flow this ,,,this will show how to send the image to ur stb,,,

1. Your STB and PC have to be connected by USB cable.
2. The STB has to be in ‘USB upgrade mode.
* For the ‘USB upgrade’ mode, refer to above Driver installation procedure from 1 to 5.
* Tips to make USB upgrade mode without AC Power ON/OFF or power button + + right direction button.
- If you are watching TV now, press Power button + OK button. This status is same as AC OFF/ON which is so
called ‘Cold off’.
And then, Press and keep hold the Power button + right direction button on the front panel until you see “USB
UPGRADE” on the front
3. Run the Flash Tools
4. Select ‘USB’ and check the “USB connected” in the Message box.
5. Designate the image that you want to download to the STB by pressing FILE
6. Click ‘Down’ and Wait for "DONE" on the front display
* The progress is Downloading -> Erasing -> Flashing
* Downloading time : depends on what image. But in case of ‘usb_all_noboot_db.img, it takes about 10 minutes.
7. Press Power button to reboot. your STB will be restarted

FLASH TOOL IS HERE

http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?p=163587#post163587

mirg

Registered
Have done all of this. But when connection the STB to the computer I am getting a massage
that the UBS unit I try to connect has a too high power output! Disconnect the unit from you computer! Has anybody else the same problem? I am using the USB with the flat connector,
if I am using the other USB connector, the one which is squirt there is NO response on my computer!:confused:

xxxAxxx

Super VIP
when is like that that means ur usb in your pc 1.0 this way u get that mesage but ipbox can run 1. and 2.0 usb ..can you give the picture of your flat connector here. thx

mirg

Registered
Have a brand new Sony VAIO runns with USB 2.0. Have used different cables!Now I got the latest Soft via Network, was today on there server. But still i like that the USB port will works!:mecry:

xxxAxxx

Super VIP
install the flash tool in a folder where you can find easy

e.g:first do like this

make a new folder on your desktop ipbox tool

now copy in that folder flash tool zip and unzip it

install the tool in that folder cos when you run the setup will ask you install c:program files you change that to desktop folder

press the power button in the front and ok button and let it go you will see in the display the clock

after that connect ur usb cable

press and hold and hit the same time last button in the front (it's a arrow with line on top)

now you should see on the display Usb Upgrate

from here ur laptop should see the usb device

wizart window will open click on yes this time only

new window will open over there select the second option hit the next

now pc will ask you where you install the flash tool folder

go on the browse and select the folder on your desktop and hit the next

wizart will look the driver new window will open
over there select the first driver (not the OEM ok)

windows will ask you stop or contin...anyway hit that

you should see your driver install and ready for use info buttom of your pc at the rigth

if you have no error until here

run the flash tool

select usb

then click on file find the (image in your pc hit ok)

and click on DOWN

you should see image start uploading

when you see on the display DONE sign just press power button

receiver will boot

you must use this image 9000HD_1.0.r6543_usb_all_noboot

I cant upload here i guess i have talk to @roc to have look my user account

mirg

Registered
Have NO time right now. But will report as soon as possible!Thank you for all your work!:)

mirg

Registered
Thank's to your instruction it works now!!An nother question, when I am unpacking the soft zip, than it contains 2 img files and 1 root file, you have to uploade them one by one, or can you upload all together?:thum:

Last edited:

mirg

Registered
OK that is fine for that download. But what about the new unoficial r6543uc, this contains 2 datei img? What have you to do than? Thanks for your patience!:)

xxxAxxx

Super VIP
if you upload this usb_kernel_root_db ---your setting will erased

if you want to keep your channels and only you want to upload the image use--- usb_kernel_root

rokeno

Registered
Can u tell me what happened if i receive the error ERR 79? when mounting /VAR.?? I cannot make the ipbox 9000 hd boot!
PLease help me
this will show you how to install usb drivers in you pc

1. Download and install the Flash tools(version 1.0.2) program on your PC
2. AC power Off in the rear panel or press power button and OK button simultaneously on the front panel. (This is to make
Cold Off mode)
3. Connect between your PC and STB with USB Cable
4. AC Power On.
5. Press and keep holding the Power button and press + right direction button on the front panel, and you see “USB
UPGRADE” in the front panel.
6. PC detects new hardware device (important) to INSTALL the USB driver
7. Driver Installation Wizard Appears
8. Select ‘install from a list or specific location (advanced)’ and click ‘Next’.
9. Select ‘Include this location in the search’ and click ‘Browse’
10. Designate the folder at C:/Program files/Flash_tools) and click ‘Next’
11. Wizard will search the driver file.
12. Select ‘USB FOR VESTA – c;/windows/inf/vestausb.inf’ and click ‘Next’
12.1. If it asks system file in some case, Browse at c:/program files/Flash_tools/vestausb and click ‘OK’
13. Click ‘Finish’ when it is done.
Important: The order of this procedure is very important; please do follow the instruction step by step.
When Driver is installed successfully, it is ready to download the latest image to the STB

(use the client usb port ok)

----------------------------------------------------------

after you finnish installation usb driver flow this ,,,this will show how to send the image to ur stb,,,

1. Your STB and PC have to be connected by USB cable.
2. The STB has to be in ‘USB upgrade mode.
* For the ‘USB upgrade’ mode, refer to above Driver installation procedure from 1 to 5.
* Tips to make USB upgrade mode without AC Power ON/OFF or power button + + right direction button.
- If you are watching TV now, press Power button + OK button. This status is same as AC OFF/ON which is so
called ‘Cold off’.
And then, Press and keep hold the Power button + right direction button on the front panel until you see “USB
UPGRADE” on the front
3. Run the Flash Tools
4. Select ‘USB’ and check the “USB connected” in the Message box.
5. Designate the image that you want to download to the STB by pressing FILE
6. Click ‘Down’ and Wait for "DONE" on the front display
* The progress is Downloading -> Erasing -> Flashing
* Downloading time : depends on what image. But in case of ‘usb_all_noboot_db.img, it takes about 10 minutes.
7. Press Power button to reboot. your STB will be restarted

FLASH TOOL IS HERE

http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?p=163587#post163587

xxxAxxx

Super VIP
first upload the image via usb official r6844...
then make a scan for channels .....
read your db.dat over pc editor beta7 and save ...

upload the image sifteam 0.0.4_r6844

upload the db.dat and reboot ....
you should not get the error 79...