Lots to learn

sleighty

Registered
Just ordered my VU+ Solo2 to replace my Spiderbox. Any suggested reading to help me ease into the Linux satellite scene?

sleighty

Registered
OK 104 views and no suggestions.but I have done the obvious and read lots of forum post ;>) just waiting for delivery now, not much chance this side of Christmas in the UK.

keano16

Donating Member
I'm in the UK and got mine ;-)

Very happy with it, its very fast at everything.

No probs so far, picture looks great on my 50" panasonic

^G@w@in^

Registered
Go with Black Hole image, 3 updates in a week, seems they are the only team giving the box support.

sleighty

Registered
I'm in the UK and got mine ;-)

Very happy with it, its very fast at everything.

No probs so far, picture looks great on my 50" panasonic

Thats great news keano16.
It will be interesting to see the picture quality on my "reference" Pioneer Kuro PDP-428XD TV.

sleighty

Registered
Go with Black Hole image, 3 updates in a week, seems they are the only team giving the box support.

^G@w@in^ I'm planning on going with the BH 1.7.9 , probably a dumb question though, Should I try the factory default firmware on first boot up, then upgrade to BH when I'm sure the box is OK?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
^G@w@in^ I'm planning on going with the BH 1.7.9 , probably a dumb question though, Should I try the factory default firmware on first boot up, then upgrade to BH when I'm sure the box is OK?

Dont bother mate you wont get very far with the installed firmware. Blackhole is great if your new to Linux as it is featured packed and once a emu is installed the rest is just setup tweaks.