Qbox Mini Hard Drive Set up

aamir007

Registered
Hi

I've got the latest satstation f/w on my box and i've formatted my hard drive to fat32, it detects it in media centre but doesn't record. I've tried going in the external hard drive menu but nothing is there its the same with standby/restart option.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
It needs formatting on the qbox

Menu-Installation Menu-External Harddisk-Format External Harddisk

You should see it in there press the red button to format it, i assume but do not know for a fact as ive not added a hdd to mine as yet that once formatted the mini will create the movie folder for it to record to.

Sat-Shop

Board Sponsor
Plug your USB drive into the Mini and you'll probably get a box pop up after a couple of seconds telling you the USB has just been plugged in and the capacity of the drive etc. etc. now go to Menu > Installation Menu > External Harddisk > Format External Harddisk and you should now see a list of the USB devices, select the one you want (most probably only the one anyway) and press OK now press RED to format and it'll ask do you really want to format, select yes and click on OK and the process will start, it'll take a few mins now depending on how big the HDD is etc. and then it'll tell you once done.... Once finished that should be it and your drive is now seen by the Mini.