Wed Rom in Blues peace bid

McFLY

Registered
ROMAN ABRAMOVICH aims to make peace with his Chelsea stars by attending John Terry’s wedding tomorrow — but Jose Mourinho will not be there.

Russian billionaire Red Rom hopes his presence will help create a renewed sense of unity within the Blues squad.

It will also signal the club want to end the contract disputes with skipper Terry and vice-captain Frank Lampard.

But manager Mourinho has told his skipper he will not be able to make the glittering bash at Blenheim Palace in Oxfordshire as he is on a family holiday.

Terry, who marries fiancee Toni Poole, will be supported by almost the entire Chelsea first-team squad. But owner Abramovich’s decision to go has surprised the players.

He missed many of their games last season and when he did go, often did not visit the dressing-room afterwards.

Abramovich has been on holiday for the past few days but will break off to fly to England.

A source close to the Russian admitted it was also a sign of his loyalty to Terry and the club.

He said: “Roman wants to be there on such an important day for the captain and hopes his presence will speak louder to the other players.

“Last season was difficult for all sorts of reasons — for the club and for Roman. Hopefully everyone can put it behind them. Next season is the most important thing now.”

Mourinho hopes to boost his squad for the new campaign by signing Hertha Berlin hitman Marko Pantelic.

The Serbia international, 28, is available for around £2.5million and last night confirmed Chelsea’s interest.

Cocky Pantelic said: “I am not surprised Chelsea are interested in me. I have proved, both at Hertha Berlin and with the Serbia national team, that I can play at a high level and am good enough for top-tier clubs.

“The knowledge that Mourinho wants me is flattering.”