Trez bid to keep Henry happy

McFLY

Registered
ARSENE WENGER hopes to keep Thierry Henry at Arsenal by signing his best pal David Trezeguet.
Trezeguet is on the move after refusing to sign a new contract at Juventus.

And Henry’s French international strike partner will cost cash-strapped Arsenal only £5million.

In seven seasons in Italy, Trezeguet has averaged 20 goals a year.

And Gunners boss Wenger has always admired the target-man, who made his debut for Monaco when Wenger was their manager.

He also knows Henry and Trezeguet remain firm friends from their time together at Monaco and with France.

Trezeguet, 29, is older than Wenger’s usual transfer targets and is demanding a three-year deal worth £90,000 a week.

But Wenger is prepared to break his own rules in the fight to keep unhappy Henry at the Emirates.

Signing Trezeguet can help convince his captain of the club’s ambitions to compete on an equal footing with Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool next season.

Trezeguet insists he has played his last game for Juve — despite having one more year to run on his contract.

He fumed: “This club does not respect me and has made me a contract offer which makes me understand they have made other choices. So I will leave.”

Henry yesterday joined his agent Jerome Anderson in rubbishing claims a £37m move to Barcelona had been agreed for him.

He insisted: “Nothing is done. I repeat, nothing. My name is not up on any departures board.”