Go Back   Sat Universe > SAT Related > Satellite TV Information Department

Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts) or pop-under ads.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.

World-Of-Satellite

SpaceX will launch the Turksat 5A satellite for Turkey tonight.

Satellite TV Information Department

Old 11-05-2021, 19:55  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad BG View Post
Tests already started.

Türksat 5A (31.0 E)
11493 V 2800 DVB-S2 8PSK
MPEG 4 - 4:2:0 - HDTV
ID: LBC International

Türksat 5A (31.0 E)
11496 V 1300 DVB-S2 8PSK
MPEG 4 - 4:2:0 - 576i
ID: LBCI AM

Türksat 5A (31.0 E)
11519 V 2143 DVB-S QPSK
MPEG 2 - 4:2:0 - 576i
ID:

Türksat 5A (31.0 E)
11522 V 2500 DVB-S2 8PSK
MPEG 4 - 4:2:0 - 576i
ID: LEBANON

Türksat 5A (31.0 E)
11525 V 1667 DVB-S2 8PSK
MPEG 4 - 4:2:0 - HDTV
ID: NBN
Hello Vlad BG,

are you sure that these frequencies are from the new Türksat?

They are rather feeds from Arabsat-5A/6A at 30.5°E
The other two frequencies (11.265 H/V) could indeed be from the new Türksat

regards

Last edited by Gregory90; 11-05-2021 at 20:08..
Old 12-05-2021, 09:38  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Hello Gregory90,

These frequencies doesn't match to any known frequency range of any other adjacent satellite, except of Astra 2G (28.2E) - Sky UK transponders. And also, I am sure my antenna has been pointed accurately to 30E.

But you're right. These corresponds with offset (+500MHz) to some frequencies on Arabsat 6A.

Last edited by Vlad BG; 12-05-2021 at 09:50..
Old 12-05-2021, 10:40  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Concerning the phenomena I've observed. The only suspicion that I have is some power enough unknown microwave source with pure frequency of 9.25 GHz, acted inside LNB as a second (to the 9.75 GHz one) heterodyne.
Indeed, with my too small antenna I am unable to receive any frequency from Arabsat 6A (here in Sofia, Bulgaria) in usual conditions.

Last edited by Vlad BG; 12-05-2021 at 10:51..
Old 12-05-2021, 12:27  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

@ Vlad BG

if it is so, that you could actually receive these SCPC signals yesterday, load and display them with the mentioned identifiers in the receiver, that is nice!

According to the identifiers, Arabsat remains the most likely source of the signals.

You see, nothing is impossible
The Following User Says Thank You to Gregory90 For This Useful Post:
Vlad BG (12-05-2021)
Old 12-05-2021, 17:55  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Lightbulb

@ Gregory90

Another likelihood I am thinking about is if at the time of reception Türksat 5A was temporarily configured to retransmit the corresponding uplink transponder of Arabsat 6A.
Old 12-05-2021, 18:18  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

that could well be the "solution"!

When in August 2020 the Ex-Eutelsat 7A slot-placeholder was on the position 31°E, initially a short time numerous feed frequencies of the Arabsat 5A/6A could be received here in Central Europe also with smaller antennas.

That these frequencies arrived with you however in the range of 11.490 to 11525 remains a mystery...

Last edited by Gregory90; 12-05-2021 at 18:23..
Old 12-05-2021, 19:09  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregory90 View Post
That these frequencies arrived with you however in the range of 11.490 to 11525 remains a mystery...

Maybe frequency offsets between uplink and downlink frequency ranges could vary on different spacecraft or could be configured.