HEVC AAC-ADTS

bh62549

Registered
picture.php

HEVC AAC-ADTS
Why does the signal of this format have inconsistent pictures and freezes? Is it a decoder problem?

dvlajkovic

If you pay attention to the bottom left corner, you'll see that your CPU is loaded with 91%, thus struggling to decode this video and audio.
I would check if your CPU is capable of HW decoding H.265 HEVC and suggest to obtain a dedicated GPU with HW decoding of H.265 HEVC.
As you can see, SW decoding is barely usable 'cause it knocks down the whole pleasure of watching a programme.

Masudan

Registered
@dvlajkovic!
what would you recommend? change it to xeon or expensive intel processors?...
I mean for compatible motherboards if its compatible for @bh62549...

dvlajkovic

OK, here's how it goes...
I am presenting this from a perspective of a feed-hunter.
There are several options:
1. is to choose a CPU that's supporting HW decoding of H.265 HEVC. Downside of this choice would be if you're gonna watch 4K UHD feeds 4:2:2 simply because the same CPU has to handle conversion of enourmous amount of chroma-subsampling data from 4:2:2 into 4:2:0. It is tough for HD 4:2:2, and a helluva worse for 4K UHD 4:2:2.
2. that is exactly why I would recommend to use a dedicated GPU (gfx card) that will provide HW decoding of H.265 HEVC and a stronger CPU to handle conversion 4:2:2 into 4:2:0. Such a combo works perfectly, even handling 8K HEVC in HDR broadcasted on TurkSat.
3. option is to buy new TV that is capable of showing 4:2:2, but then you'd still need STB or PC+DVB-S2 tuner coz some feeds are encrypted, and TVs (mostly) cannot do decryption. List of some such TVs is here: link.
Pay attention that table of tested TVs can be enlarged by clicking underneath on the button "SHOW MORE (15/124)".
Make sure that TV in this table is marked with "Yes" to support 4:4:4, otherwise you won't see 4:2:2 on it.

I cannot tell you how deep your pocket is and what are your goals.
For particular models of CPUs, graphic cards and TVs do some research as there are many available on the market, with various features and prices.
But, one thing is for sure: watching sat-feeds (especially in 4K) is never meant for end users at home, so be ready for real investment in gear if you wanna compete with broadcasting TV companies who are the original consumers of sat-feeds in the sky.

C0der

Registered
HW decoding:
Very few GPU can do do 4:2:2. e.g. a GTX1080 can not. GTX16xx: maybe, maybe not?
10th gen Intel I3 are said to do 4:2:2. I have not seen it myself tho.

Software:
Most 6 core should be fast enough for 4k.
I've seen an I5-8400 do it.
Maybe an i7-7700K will do.

Last edited:

Masudan

Registered
@dvlajkovic!

what does the TV have to do with our conversation? lol, I asking about not TV processor and for PC processor I mean

@C0der thank you for your info

dvlajkovic

Oh, sorry... my mistake.
I tried to create useful answer since you don't have a clue what is CPU used for and what GPU does, and you laugh at it.
Next time pls. ask someone who gives a fck.

C0der

Registered
There most likely no consumer-TVs (yet) that can _decode_ 4:2:2.
But most of them can be fed decoded 4:2:2 over HDMI, unless they only have the old HDMI1.x.

dvlajkovic

You haven't even looked at the list I posted up there, right.
Then go to the nearest TV shop, have USB stick with a 4:2:2 recorded sample and ask salesman to play it on the last year's models (or newer) of LG or Sony OLED TVs. Then come back here and tell us how wrong you have been.
As simple as that.

suny99

Registered
It's not the same to play it from USB where TV does video decoding or from HDMI where sat receiver does video decoding.
So the real question here is what signal does sat receiver sends through HDMI to TV?

bh62549

Registered
You haven't even looked at the list I posted up there, right.
Then go to the nearest TV shop, have USB stick with a 4:2:2 recorded sample and ask salesman to play it on the last year's models (or newer) of LG or Sony OLED TVs. Then come back here and tell us how wrong you have been.
As simple as that.
7E
12735 V 7200
ID: ENC-1
Major League Soccer
Minnesota United vs Colorado Rapids
4:2:0
CW: 7A 94 68 76 65 A3 96 9E

100.5 E
3915 V 7200
ID: ENC-1
Major League Soccer
Minnesota United vs Colorado Rapids
4:2:0
CW: 7A 94 68 76 65 A3 96 9E
Excuse me, like this CW conventional method is no longer available, we must use BISS-AU, which model can do it?

pipino

Registered
OK, here's how it goes...
I am presenting this from a perspective of a feed-hunter.
There are several options:
1. is to choose a CPU that's supporting HW decoding of H.265 HEVC. Downside of this choice would be if you're gonna watch 4K UHD feeds 4:2:2 simply because the same CPU has to handle conversion of enourmous amount of chroma-subsampling data from 4:2:2 into 4:2:0. It is tough for HD 4:2:2, and a helluva worse for 4K UHD 4:2:2.
2. that is exactly why I would recommend to use a dedicated GPU (gfx card) that will provide HW decoding of H.265 HEVC and a stronger CPU to handle conversion 4:2:2 into 4:2:0. Such a combo works perfectly, even handling 8K HEVC in HDR broadcasted on TurkSat.
3. option is to buy new TV that is capable of showing 4:2:2, but then you'd still need STB or PC+DVB-S2 tuner coz some feeds are encrypted, and TVs (mostly) cannot do decryption. List of some such TVs is here: link.
Pay attention that table of tested TVs can be enlarged by clicking underneath on the button "SHOW MORE (15/124)".
Make sure that TV in this table is marked with "Yes" to support 4:4:4, otherwise you won't see 4:2:2 on it.

I cannot tell you how deep your pocket is and what are your goals.
For particular models of CPUs, graphic cards and TVs do some research as there are many available on the market, with various features and prices.
But, one thing is for sure: watching sat-feeds (especially in 4K) is never meant for end users at home, so be ready for real investment in gear if you wanna compete with broadcasting TV companies who are the original consumers of sat-feeds in the sky.

thank you very much for your super-useful explanation ..very much appreciated :thum: