Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts) or pop-under ads.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.

World-Of-Satellite

TM5402 MK4

Technomate Chat

Old 18-09-2021, 17:13  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Understood as it is disappointing but maybe give it one more chance if the next patch if there is one rectifies the recent events and if not then call it a day.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Coastman For This Useful Post:
barney115 (18-09-2021), jaes (18-09-2021), kippysat (19-09-2021)
Old 21-09-2021, 11:19  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

..On a personal note without going into great detail, i think i understand to some degree why the UK company TM are a bit off & on with FW releases etc - speaking as a 'Feed Hunter' primarily i would consider going back to a 5402-M4 if it had the same versatile and very useful lnb set-up menu's as my TM-5402 M3 has assuming the M4 tuner is capable. The reported multi replicating of wrongly found TP's etc linked to the M3 never really happened with my set up - the extremely useful lnb set-up menu of the M3 has always been my favourite compared to many other receivers i have operated. If i needed a specific function that the M3 or M4 didn't have i would just go temporally to another available stb that does have that feature. At the moment my M4 & MiniOne are mothballed until TM produce another option.

Last edited by jaes; 21-09-2021 at 11:21..
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jaes For This Useful Post:
barney115 (21-09-2021), Coastman (21-09-2021), holmroad (22-09-2021), kippysat (21-09-2021), manic01 (21-09-2021)
Old 21-09-2021, 11:36  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

Thanked 103,128 Times in 21,390 Posts

The M3 was and still is excellent just missing UHD , M.I.S , long ECM Emulator support otherwise they did get it spot on with that box as far as tuner , Dish movement and blind scanning is concerned .
The M4 is just like another alien box which only now has some functions fixed due to the persistent efforts by Manic01 and various other members here but to be duped and royally shafted is really a poor business decision for all M4 & MiniOne users it is such a shame because it has halted any sort of future progression that could be made due to their utter stupidity and arrogance .

We can only live in hope that they realize the serious error of their ways and resolve the major mistake they have made .
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to barney115 For This Useful Post:
Coastman (21-09-2021), holmroad (22-09-2021), jaes (21-09-2021)
Old 21-09-2021, 12:03  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Yep, agree Barney.
There has been some comments re: not so good tuner performance on the M4 but after doing some side by side comparisons of four different receivers using the same C-band test frequency i found the M4 tuner performance to be good - the M3 was slightly behind the M4 in tuner sensitivity / performance , other than that i loved it (M3).

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney115 View Post
The M3 was and still is excellent just missing UHD , M.I.S , long ECM Emulator support otherwise they did get it spot on with that box as far as tuner , Dish movement and blind scanning is concerned .
The M4 is just like another alien box which only now has some functions fixed due to the persistent efforts by Manic01 and various other members here but to be duped and royally shafted is really a poor business decision for all M4 & MiniOne users it is such a shame because it has halted any sort of future progression that could be made due to their utter stupidity and arrogance .

We can only live in hope that they realize the serious error of their ways and resolve the major mistake they have made .
Old 21-09-2021, 21:41  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

How do you turn Biss from off to on please .
Old 21-09-2021, 22:46  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 9,075 Times in 3,168 Posts

Technomate stopped making really good receivers after the TM5402HD M1 it was all downhill,

The M3 software is absolute crap adds loads of non-existent transponders & is a nightmare to edit the database

The M3 picture quality leaves a lot to be desired SD is rubbish

My SX88+ series are far superior in every aspect of picture quality, The blind scan finds what is actually there,

Unlike the Technomate M3 that makes it up as it goes along then you find that most of what the M3 thought it found is not actually there

The Octagon SX series allows you to watch far more Tv channels,
Abertis DTT Hispasat @ 30° West,
IPTV continually updated,
Loads of on-line films & sport ect,
All for under £50

The M4 was a bridge too far promising the earth then taking it away when will Technomate ever learn

Last edited by william-1; 21-09-2021 at 22:48..
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to william-1 For This Useful Post:
archiesat (21-09-2021), barney115 (21-09-2021), Ferret (22-09-2021), holmroad (22-09-2021), manic01 (22-09-2021)
Old 22-09-2021, 08:21  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 2,407 Times in 1,001 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill marston View Post
How do you turn Biss from off to on please .
You don't, it has always shown as OFF on all 5402 versions ignore it.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to manic01 For This Useful Post:
barney115 (22-09-2021), bill marston (22-09-2021), holmroad (22-09-2021), kippysat (23-09-2021), william-1 (22-09-2021)