11 Digit Serial Number on Sky Box - Boxkey

digsatman

Registered
My Dreambox was not updating entitlements in my genuine card and coincidentally, Sky sent me a new HD box which I paired with the card. I now realise that my old Sky HD box had a 10 digit serial number and the new Sky HD box has 11 digits.

How can I pair it with CCCam again as the card now is paired with the new Sky HD box and I need to out a new Boxkey in my cfg file.

I tried re-pairing the card with my old Sky HD box using the www.sky.con/quickfix that I used to pair the card with the new HD box but it rejects the old Version and Serial numbers.

I am now wishing that I had just updated the entitlements in my old Sky HD box as I have read that this is part of some new pairing scheme being used by Sky to stop card-sharing.

I don't like the Sky HD receiver and just want to use my genuine card subscription in my DM8000.

Any pointers/help/info much appreciated as I now can't get any of the Sky HD channels I am paying for on my Dreambox.

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry but looks like you've been had by Sky
yes your card is paired with new HD box but in menu if you look you will see Reciever ID ?
when this is the case you wont be using this card in any other box im afraid its locked to paired new HD box forever
there is no soloution to this problem you can try with a new boxkey that you'll obviously require now in cfg but im afraid the future is far from good with uk cards and c/s the end i feel is very near now !
correct me if im wrong .

good luck : )

--
Barney