buy logger season interface

C

campag5242

The one pictured in your ebay listing has no PIC16F84 - the chips are MAX232 for 5V logic to RS232 level shifting, and SN7407 for open collector wire-OR of the Tx/Rx lines. I guess you may have difficulty finding a source of ready-built season loggers with PIC16F84 for baud rate conversion - you may have to build your own or modify a standard season2.

TGILITO

Registered
hxxp://www.makinterface.com/exple.php3?linkname=164
hxxp://www.cardman.com/programmers.html
73+51

Ratzvan

Feed Hunter
Hi,
Here what you're looking for :rolleyes:

PHP:
http://www.tecnoglobe.it/shop/index.php?id_product=34&controller=product&id_lang=1

But..

1) 16f84 on board has to be programmed (so you need a multipipo/ludipipo too)

2) Logger is appropriate for italian ndz only. It works (bad) with some other ndz and it don't work with the most part of European ones :eek:

So think carefull to it
That's all...

Last edited:

spein46

Registered
Hi,
Here what you're looking for :rolleyes:

PHP:
http://www.tecnoglobe.it/shop/index.php?id_product=34&controller=product&id_lang=1

But..

1) 16f84 on board has to be programmed (so you need a multipipo/ludipipo too)

2) Logger is appropriate for italian ndz only. It works (bad) with some other ndz and it don't work with the most part of European ones :eek:

So think carefull to it
That's all...

Thanks Kilim for answer.
I need logger for italian ndx, so this is goof for me.
if I wanted an already programmed logger?other e commerce?other solution?

Ratzvan

Feed Hunter
Thanks Kilim for answer.
I need logger for italian ndx, so this is goof for me.
if I wanted an already programmed logger?other e commerce?other solution?

ok :thum:

I don't know...
But consider that could be several file .hex for it (depending of kind of skybox you have, future upgrades, revision and so on...)

So It's fundamental you'd be able to re-programm the chip in future

Last edited:

Tonboyre

Registered
Is it really necessary to use PIC to log N*S? Can someone explain why?

I'll answer myself with what I found on another forum:

N*S uses non-standards baud rates as well as Inverting the data line and they reverse the bits being transmitted.

This is the reason for a PIC/Atmel chip

The chip can be programmed into non-standard baud rates - reversed bit order - inverted data line.

Then the chip re-arranges this info and sends it out to the PC at standard logging settings.

Hope this helps someone!

deltaT

Registered
As a pcb itself its good but for real logging your should use an uC with UART slave configured in DMA mode which can sample the clock because you dont want to guess the baudrate all time time and do the inversion etc by hand.

CiccioSAT78

Registered
As a pcb itself its good but for real logging your should use an uC with UART slave configured in DMA mode which can sample the clock because you dont want to guess the baudrate all time time and do the inversion etc by hand.

Hi I would like to log the signals between ndz card and decoder.
Could you be more precise?
Would you explain to me how to do it? I have several equipment and programmers (my job is electronic design).
I don't understand the transmission protocol.
only the baudrate changes? It's a normal 8N1 serial? Not parity?

Tnx