How to keep TM1000 series up to date

Status
Not open for further replies.

satelliteman

Registered
TM 1000 series software up grades & the Darkmans Patch,

A factory reset takes you back to the last software that you loaded be it Technomate official or Darkmans latest patch,
I have been involved with improving the data in the current software used by Technomate to include satellites at 24.5 west & 34.5 west into the data base ect,
Anyone can do this just e-mail Technomate with your suggestion to be included with the next official software update & if they think your suggestion is any good they will include it in the next upgrade,
This is why Technomate are so successful they listen to their customer's,
You will only get the latest data from an upgrade by doing a factory reset,
the blind scan works much better as well.

Technomate:-
TM-1000 D FTA
# TM-1000 D FTA Extended EPG scroll
# Transponders Updated
# Transponder Sort by Numerical order in Channel List
# Added Blind Search shortcut in Motorized Setting
# Auto Widescreen Switching
# Added Recalculate in DiSEqC 1.2- When a dish or motor loses its position by wind, etc, find any satellite, then press Recalculate. This function will reposition all stored satellites.
# Added Remote Lock- Go to Password and turn ON Remote Lock. The Installation buttons on the remote will be disabled.
# Czech Language Added
# Greek Teletext
# Faster Channel Search and Channel Change
# Increased Motor Speed (as fast as 36Volt Motor)
# Updated Channel/Transponder List
# 3 More Games Added
# Time setting fixed
1.68 27 March 2007

The Darkmans patch always includes the latest software from Technomate & to get all the new data base that now includes Intelsat 905 @ 24.5 west & Intelsat 903 @ 34.5 west if you do not have these in your database you will need to do a factory reset to get them in sequential order,
the next patch will hopefully include Eurobird-9 @ 9 east,Eurobird-4 @ 4 east Intelsat 603 @ 20 west & Optus A3/Astra-4 @31.5 east Astra's 5th satellite position,but if you can live without these & the contents of the list above then you do not need to do a factory reset.
{Sirius @ 5 east is Astra's 4th satellite position}

just done that and all ok again but the new transponders are added as you quite rightly said , and the channel list shows as f007 now

so is quite correct in what he says regarding updating the box with the latest firmware , and I would suggest that EVERYBODY take note of his comments as he is the only one giving the correct info from what I have read up to now

so to recap

check your system settings and note the rf output so you can reset it later

now save your channel list from the box to your pc with the latest loader

now do a factory reset , then goto standby and back on again

now load the latest official firmware ( v1.68 at the moment )

goto standby and back on again

now load the latest darkman patch

then load your saved channel list

then load the latest tm softcam

now change the rf channel to the one you noted earlier

I would suggest a final reboot just to be sure its all embedded ok

now test the channels etc

please pass this very important info on to your colleagues so that we are all singing the same song in future

I didnt realise it was so important until pointed it out twice , which is why I have tested 2 receivers with this info , and found him to be 100% correct

so it appears that you need the factory reset to be up to date , ie:- the default firmware in the receiver , just as much as you need the latest patch

so the ideal situation appears to be to have the default box firmware up to date , and then the latest patch over the top of it

the only error I made was not checking the rf channel so I had to interrogate one of my tv,s to see what channel it was on , as the technomate receiver had defaulted to ch40 after the factory reset , but I was using ch51 , so I included it in my recap instructions with an edit

One thing that needs adding as I have just followed this procedure is, check you have correct remote control selected. Mine had changed to remote type 2. To do this-Menu-System Settings-Password settings-Enter Pin 0000-bottom of list Remote controller-Select your type-Exit and save.
Also 16:9 settings had defaulted as well as the clock, RGB etc. So have a good check.

You will get a better picture with the TM1000 if you use a fully wired scart with all 21 pins connected,
Select RGB as after a factory reset the A/V output automatically goes to CVBS {composite},
check your scart connection TM1000 super the TV/RGB scart is at the bottom on older TM1000's TV/RGB is at the top,

For this TM1000 series software update guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.