Satellite differences and how to add a new one to the receiver

Ncifra

Registered
Hi!

I want to ask about satellite differences, for example : I see there are HotBird13C,13B, etc. and they have, if I'm not mistaken, the same frequency, 13 degrees East. So what's the difference between them, because I see some TV stations scattered between them, and I want to know if the HotBird that is registered on my receiver somehow "contains" these other HotBirds (I get the frequencies from lyngsat.

Second, in relation to the first question, I want to know how can I add a new satellite. I have a DT470 receiver, if this is the right thing to distinguish it, and I have in the Antenna Setup some satellites, which have old names, because some of them changed. So, do I have to manually add those satellites, or does the receiver actually contain them.

Thank you.

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to Sat-Universe Ncifra

Hotbird 13B is located at 13.05°E
Hotbird 13C is located at 13.08°E
Hotbird 13D is located at 13.04°E

So because there is only a fraction of difference you should pick up everything on all 3 Hotbird sats depending on your location which you fail to mention ?? :confused:

AS for your DREAMAX DT470 DIGITAL SATELLITE RECEIVER it is a very cheap Austrailian Sat box and can be got for under $30 online and i am pretty sure it was not intended for European satellite use which is likely why you may struggle with that box ,
i would strongly advise upgrading to a more modern sat reciever something in HD like Technomate HD range or Dreambox HD or VU+ HD range lots of choice and not too expensive either which is ideal and pre-stored with pretty much all European satellites .

Hope this info helps answer your questions tho' ,
good luck : )

----
Barney

Last edited:

Ncifra

Registered
Well, you are right about it being cheap, but as things stand, I can't change it. I live in Albania.

So with these being said, I want to know, how can I find a list of old names for satellites, so that I know that a certain satellite is registered on the device, because a lot of the satellites have changed names, if not all.

For example there seem to be a lot of channels free on Eutelsat 12 West A, but I just can't find it. I think I must have it, because it should be an old satellite, ain't it? On Wikipedia it is said that its old name is Atlantic Bird 1. Have there been any other names for these satellites, if not, is there any list with old names of satellites, or something like that?

Thank You.