oscam-emu in CI?

Francescone

I'm looking to use oscam-emu (emu and lines) in a very particular receiver for which no specific firmware exists and having no network access. The only external access is one Common Interface slot. So, any chance to use this for oscam-emu? In past years many CAMs were available, but what now? I think no chance to find one of that now, but if so, they would be very very old and out-to-date. Any possible solutions? Thanks.

georgeflu

Registered
oscam-emu supports many platforms, but not everything (so i think your receiver isn't in the supported list).
also... as you refer about new cam etc... why you do not think to buy a new receiver?

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
no specific firmware exists and having no network access
it must be an ancient mystery box then ?
Just gotta love those no named mystery boxes :D
BUT for sure how u expect lines to work with no network access ??
as above poster said buy a new receiver use forum Sponsor LINK Here => https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/digital-receivers

In accordance with Forum Rules We do not discuss Card sharing or lines issues anyway etc..
but i'm sure you should have already known this already : )

campag5242

Feed Hunter
Matrix Cam Air apparently ran oscam directly, but no idea how easy to obtain they are these days, or whether anyone is building current oscam-emu for that target. A more viable alternative is Diablo CAM WiFi, connecting to an oscam-emu instance on a local PC.

Francescone

First of all, I'm NOT looking for any cline support! I know this is not in the forum rules! So don't worry for that. Anyway, my explanation had something lacking. My "mistery" box is not so mysterious. I know that I can buy a new receiver, but this is a pro-oriented box I got from a TV studio that dismiss it. It is old (maybe 10 or 15 years ago), but it has a very very high video and audio quality, so I would like to keep it near my other boxes. But it works only with FTA channels! No chance to connect it in my home network. So I suspect the unique chance is to use an old CAM as mentioned by Campag5242. I remember those CAMs, but i did not know that osmac can be run on my PC. Could you please explain better? How to connect CAM to computer? And, do you think such CAM is available today? Thank you.

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
Still very much available =>
Code:
https://www.pulsat.com/products/Diablo-CAM-2-Twin-Wifi.html

there is other Diabolo CI Modules i have quite a few here from back in the day also , but that one in the link supports WIFI others i believe not .
And yes you can install Linux even a linux partition on your PC and Run Oscam,CCcam or whatever just google Linux PC Server ..
Here is a helpful link TO GET YOU GOING => https://linuxhint.com/buy_build_linux_server_home/

I did have to drop quite a few Pro Sat receivers in the bin over the years ...just sayin' do'nt eat me for it...:eek:
all of which were replaced by HD or 4K UHD quality , WIFI/Ethernet , vastly superior faster Receivers with ability to record and a lot,lot more
going the route you want to go will be a lot,lot more expensive for a lot less quality results in the long run and likely you still wont get anything UHD so your Pro dated 10-15 year old Receiver will still be vastly limited ...look at VU+ 4K UHD range boxes Oscam runs great for 4K UHD channels on my VU+ Solo 4K as does Multi stream channels and more ..i know i'd prefer this than to spend a small fortune trying to build an old box to do any modern stuff your really on a loosing battle from the start :rolleyes: :cool:

jenseneverest

Registered
interesting, i came into the hobby after CI Modules had there day.... i have a 4k tv, with CI port and 2 x dvb/s2 tuners doing nothing.... i guess i will need to do some research into what CAM's do what exactly, i dont plan on spending 100's to find out mind.

@Francescone

You can run an oscam server on just about anything, raspberry PI, some routers, PC etc etc, but as already stated i know nothing of CI CAM's

kebien

Registered
I was involved in a project years ago where the idea was to build a CI interface that would connect to PC using USB or wired network (at that time no wifi available).
It was simply a plug an play card,where the PC had to emulate the CI module communication for the firmware to recognize it ,then also take the video and decrypt it to send it back to the IRD in order to watch it,or watch it on PC.
But like those things that are simple experiments ended up with too much work when was possible to do it easily with other means (like network).
This type of things are only for those that are inclined to put a lot of work just to see it working,not for those that want simply to watch TV.

Francescone

Thank you for all replies. I'm not a big linux user, so it would be not so easy for me to build a linux PC. But, what about router? Is there any router compatible with oscam? Which brand/model? And what about Windows 10? Is it possible? Regarding professional satellite receiver, yes I know that you can make the same with a consumer box. I have one Vu+ Duo4K too, it is very good, but I would like to keep this old box here, its quality and usage is very interesting. For example, I like the chance to tuner the box directly (without storing all channels), and see transponder content directly. Just an example. Thanks.

Francescone

Please Barney115, have you any link to find Matrix CAM Air, too? Maybe it would be better than Diablo because it seems you can run oscam directly in it, not with an external connection to another server. Thanks.

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
FROM FRENCH SITE Still in stock =>
Code:
[B][URL="http://telesatshop.com/en/3d-glasses/449-matrix-cam-air-wifi.html"]http://telesatshop.com/en/3d-glasses/449-matrix-cam-air-wifi.html[/URL][/B]

but that is the only site however .
good luck : ) :thum:

georgeflu

Registered
in cost 144euro ... i would prefer a new 4k multistream receiver...

also there is always a risk, that a receiver may be incompatible with a ci module...( we saw it in the past many times)

SatFan14

Registered
hxxps://www.file-upload.net/download-14176630/oscam-1.20_svn11581-798-i686-pc-cygwin-ssl-libusb.ex_.zip.html

oscam-1.20_svn11581-798-i686-pc-cygwin-ssl-libusb.ex_

Francescone

Thank you very much Satfan14! Could you please tell me how to execute this software? Just renamed from ex_ to exe but Windows tells me a DLL file is lacking... what can I do? Thanks.

fiji

Thank you very much Satfan14! Could you please tell me how to execute this software? Just renamed from ex_ to exe but Windows tells me a DLL file is lacking... what can I do? Thanks.

Just remve - & add e in last all files incloded dll must be in one folder name it oscam .

kebien

Registered
FROM FRENCH SITE Still in stock =>
Code:
[B][URL="http://telesatshop.com/en/3d-glasses/449-matrix-cam-air-wifi.html"]http://telesatshop.com/en/3d-glasses/449-matrix-cam-air-wifi.html[/URL][/B]

but that is the only site however .
good luck : ) :thum:

This AIR matrix cam looks to be adding just smart apps to the receiver,most likely not user friendly firmware.
In any case,I am sure the OP will end up with nothing easy and useful,since running oscam in windows is only one part of 10 he needs to connect to the IRD CI socket and have comm and the single idea of receiving and delivering HD video through the comm port (USB? network?) would just need too much bandwidth.
A CI module is not like OSCAM,it receives encrypted TS through PCMCIA and deliver decrypted TS through PCMCIA,it does not deliver CWs to the ird,just a decrypted TS ( so CWs are never exposed).
Someone has to make the PC to do all that comm emulation and also having enough bandwidth to receive and deliver HD (meaning double the bandwidth) at the same time between PC and CI port
CI works that way,having oscam running on windows does nothing for this,you need to build the program that do all what a CAM module does.A lot of work.
So far,there is nothing like it.At any price.
Let alone to say we started a project for CI CAM adapter network and the Italians (duolabs) stole it and built it and sold it and put an end to that freeware project.

I always had the idea of such a project,people never wanted to expend on a CI adapter when they just buy a cheap receiver and run oscam inside with nothing else to buy.

Is possible? of course it is,but is just a project that helps one or two people that want to have an IRD with CI decrypting anything a linux receiver can.
Is it worth to do? only for the fun and challenge,not for its practical use.

Last edited:

Francescone

OK, I understand that I had not a good idea. So I try with another one: is it available any linux enigma2 receiver with ASI out? Difficult, I know, but I don't know. If so, I could run oscam in the linux box, and feed ASI out to ASI in of my pro receiver, and decode audio/video with it in its so high quality. What do you think? Thanks.

ig0r

Administrator
interesting, i came into the hobby after CI Modules had there day.... i have a 4k tv, with CI port and 2 x dvb/s2 tuners doing nothing.... i guess i will need to do some research into what CAM's do what exactly, i dont plan on spending 100's to find out mind.

@Francescone

You can run an oscam server on just about anything, raspberry PI, some routers, PC etc etc, but as already stated i know nothing of CI CAM's

I have this one too :)
And i think many people have same DVB-S2 tuners but there are use a SAT Receiver.
Its good theme, but diablo wifi2 so very expensive

Francescone

If no enigma2 box with ASI out exist, another possible solution could be using local network. So, getting signal from any enigma2 box between its web interface is very easy, this is used by many people to watch 422 feeds by VLC in the computer. My pro receiver has a network input (called IP input), so it could be the same, but obviously no web browser in it, so no chance to use webif. How to force enigma2 box to stream tuned channel to a specific IP in the local network? Maybe any telnet command? If this is possible I would solve my problem. I could tune the channel that I want to watch with enigma2 box running oscam, then get signal with pro box via local network through its IP input. Your opinion and suggestions are very appreciated. Thank you.