Edision OS mio 4K

Sky Scanner

Registered
I am thinking about purchasing a Edision OS mio 4K receiver and have a question about using the The North American Project v.3 Image. Can I enter Biss and PV keys with this Image?

I am still new to the hobby, so I apologize if this is a stupid question.

I sincerely appreciate all replies.

voomvoom

Registered
My short answer is yes to your question
But, I have been unable to get oscam or cccam or ncam to supply me with any video on the TNAP v3 image
Note, I have only partially played around with it?
I have and am using oscam and cccam and ncam with openpli 7.3 image, so I know it will work on a MIO
I'm sure when I am in a better mood, I will find a way to get it to work?
And, by the way, my MIO is a 4K+ model. I also use a hauppauge 955Q with it to watch ATSC
And, my last attempt at TNAP was with the test image TNAP v4
No luck with it either?
The problem I'm sure is with me and not the image?
GOOD LUCK..!!!

Al

georgeflu

Registered
it has been talk again... and i found one of the solutions...
there are missing a few things, as a few lib files, and the softcam manager. i will try to find them, as i do not use the image...

also, as i remember another friend used with success the alternative softcam manager...

Sky Scanner

Registered
My short answer is yes to your question
But, I have been unable to get oscam or cccam or ncam to supply me with any video on the TNAP v3 image
Note, I have only partially played around with it?
I have and am using oscam and cccam and ncam with openpli 7.3 image, so I know it will work on a MIO
I'm sure when I am in a better mood, I will find a way to get it to work?
And, by the way, my MIO is a 4K+ model. I also use a hauppauge 955Q with it to watch ATSC
And, my last attempt at TNAP was with the test image TNAP v4
No luck with it either?
The problem I'm sure is with me and not the image?
GOOD LUCK..!!!

Al

Thank you for your reply. I will place an order for a Mio which comes with the TNAP v3 image installed and give it a try.

I apologize for my lack of knowledge, but what is oscam,cccam, and ncam? Is that a key sharing program like the old IKS?

georgeflu

Registered
iks is just a "pay client cs emu"
oscam emu is an opensource emulator, which can be adapted to simple decoding channels, or cs
ncam is an emu cloned in oscam
and cccam is an oldest emu (which also is doing the above job, but it isn't for all receivers).

in any case, you have "reading" .

Sky Scanner

Registered
iks is just a "pay client cs emu"
oscam emu is an opensource emulator, which can be adapted to simple decoding channels, or cs
ncam is an emu cloned in oscam
and cccam is an oldest emu (which also is doing the above job, but it isn't for all receivers).

in any case, you have "reading" .

Hi georgeflu,

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to respond to my post and help someone new to the hobby. Unfortunately I don't even know what an opensource emulator is? Is it a program that generates PV keys?

I do agree with you that I need to do a lot of reading, but unfortunately there isn't much information here on the basics. Everything here is discussed at an advanced level.

All the best!

georgeflu

Registered
if you are searching about oscam, you are in wrong way. oscam is in high level, but when you will need it, you will just use it (with a few help).
the problem that any newbee (in that kind of receivers) finds, is how to install something, how to flash image,how to edit files...etc...

so start reading now (about enigma2) the "how to" you will connect with your receiver, what basic programms will you need, and than go step by step.

an ftp tool and a telnet tool (and a channel settings program) are the most important.

ArloG

Registered
TNAP is purposely made so that using a softcam is difficult.
It has been tailored to work well with US sats.
But that shouldn't hold you back.
I'm using OpenATV 6.3 and I use my MIO solely for sat reception. I tried OpenVIX and other images. They work OK.
I just like the remote key mapping OpenATV gives me.
For streaming and Kodi, etc., I have Fire and Roku for that plus my Sony smart TV.

Sky Scanner

Registered
My Edison Mio arrived today. This is my first enigma STB. Very different from anything I have used before. The learning curve will be steep but I look forward to the challenge.

georgeflu

Registered
as i said...

an ftp tool , an telnet tool and a settings editor are the first things that you have to download.

Sky Scanner

Registered
Looks like there is a new TNAP image for my MIO.

Links to sat uploads,other boards or commercial sites are not allowed in any form. (That includes signatures)

Last edited by a moderator:

paolo71roma

Registered
Anybody can confirm that other images can open Biss or PV feeds ? I mean inserting manually codes or CW. Thanks

georgeflu

Registered
all images can open biss or powervu, by inserting known keys,
if you have installed oscam-emu (or similar emu)

EnoSat

gbox

I am a user of the EDISION OS mio+ 4K receiver.

Is there any way to fix the use of the gbox softcam on this receiver?

Card detect OK , CAT/PMT read ok , but maybe not work with default demux device.

oscam show this demux
2021/02/07 18:53:13 76DBB5EA c (dvbapi) Detected /dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0 Api: 0, userconfig boxtype: 0 maximum amount of possible filters is 32 (oscam limit is 32)
2021/02/07 18:53:13 327F7974 r (reader) SLOT [videoguard2] Answer from cardreader:
2021/02/07 18:53:13 327F7974 r (reader) 00 00 00 00 90 00

Known any idea for fix gbox in OpenPLi ?
#F: { 21 } /dev/null // ca device
#F: { 22 } /dev/null // dvr device
#F: { 23 } /dev/null // demux device
#F: { 31 } /dev/null // second ca device to write cw's (recording)