Go Back   Sat Universe > Dreambox (SD Models) > Dreambox Chat

Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts) or pop-under ads.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.

World-Of-Satellite

1.8M dish no signal

Dreambox Chat

Old 13-11-2021, 18:35  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Default 1.8M dish no signal

Hello everyone! I hope somebody is experienced enough to help me with my problem.

Ive just installed a 1.8m motorized dish, LNB inverto pro, amiko mini hd 265.
When i connect on 10E for example, i have a flawless signal quality over 80%. But once i input some of the feeds from this forum(not every feed), i lost a signal. Ive checked with my friend and feeds are working normally for him.

Tried to move positioner, installed every firmware possible and same problem again.
Problem occured on 10E, 7E and 30W so far

EX: 7E satellite
11583 V 9600 quality is 78%
11135 V 7200 quality is 6%(no signal)

Please help guys!!
Old 13-11-2021, 18:49  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 2,510 Times in 1,031 Posts

110cm dish sw uk
11583 80%
11135 70%
Tm5402
Old 13-11-2021, 18:54  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 11,994 Times in 1,915 Posts

Self-installed? Obviously the dish is not perfectly aligned, or there's some other source of signal loss.

See if there's an improvement in signal when you pull up or push down the top edge of the dish, or pull/push it east/west.
Old 13-11-2021, 19:00  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Are you sure you are on 7 east ?

Try to find a FTA channel somewhere, then you will know for certain which sat you are on.
Old 13-11-2021, 19:01  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by campag5242 View Post
Self-installed? Obviously the dish is not perfectly aligned, or there's some other source of signal loss.

See if there's an improvement in signal when you pull up or push down the top edge of the dish, or pull/push it east/west.
Nah, satellite technician have installed the dish with some device that looks like a tablet.. I've tried to move it east/west and nothing.
For pulling up/down i would wait for a technican, i don't want to screw what i already have
Old 13-11-2021, 19:03  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dostoy View Post
Are you sure you are on 7 east ?

Try to find a FTA channel somewhere, then you will know for certain which sat you are on.
yeah, 100% sure.. I have a signal for most of the feeds, but some aren't working at all, idk
Old 13-11-2021, 19:20  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagger98 View Post
For pulling up/down i would wait for a technican, i don't want to screw what i already have
Gentle pulls on the dish, don't hang your entire 100kg gorilla mass on there ! Just enough to bend it slightly within the elastic range, so it goes back where it was. Nothing to be afraid of.

Assuming you have a dreambox, install an app on your phone to see signal strength outside whilst you play with the dish eg DreamDroid for Android.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to campag5242 For This Useful Post:
Jagger98 (17-11-2021), jenseneverest (13-11-2021)
Old 13-11-2021, 23:35  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Gentle pulls on the dish, don't hang your entire 100kg gorilla mass on there ! Just enough to bend it slightly within the elastic range, so it goes back where it was. Nothing to be afraid of.

Assuming you have a dreambox, install an app on your phone to see signal strength outside whilst you play with the dish eg DreamDroid for Android.
Thanks a lot for help, i'll try that and update with (hopefully good)results
Old 17-11-2021, 15:50  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:

Hey mate, does it has to be aligned with digital inclometer? Because my satellite technician used a simple magnetic lever bar..

As i understand, there is a small chance that he aligned the dish into 0.1 degree perfection
Old 17-11-2021, 18:05  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

For perfect alignment of the dish to the arc of satellites in the sky, you need multiple parameters all accurately set.

Start with a truly sturdy mast, well fixed, such that there's no flexing as the dish turns. And the dish should be mounted square on the output shaft of any DiSEqC employed (probably not applicable to your 1.8m polar mount).

Thereafter, all of: the mount/motor's rotation on the pole; polar mount's polar angle (or DiSEcQ motor elevation); dish elevation if offset type; and probably something else I've overlooked, all have to be adjusted for optimal reception across the arc, iteration by iteration.

There are surely guides on this site to help you improve your signal.
The Following User Says Thank You to campag5242 For This Useful Post:
Jagger98 (17-11-2021)