New Galaxy fw 1.3.10 for Amiko Mini Combo

Soupdragon

Registered
I just flashed AMIKO_MiniHD_Combo_Galaxy_1.3.10_by Dekolte from the Mini combo thread http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=266811&page=5 and upon reboot it says SW is not designed for this hardware please change back to official SW.

Before I had been using the official "modified" firmware from Lavasoft and it was working fine.

Now my questions are, is this galaxy firmware for the Amiko mini combo or not and how would I be able to reflash to the previous sw.

I did create a backup of the original on a usb stick.

Thanks.

Soupdragon

Registered
if that one doesn't work for u try AMIKO_MiniHD_Combo_1.3.15_emu...

I'd love to but how ?

The box will not boot now to enable me to flash via menu and usb.

I've tried connecting up to pc via rs232 and tried toolbox for amiko 3612 by dekolte. When it gets connected and I try to upload the old firmware I get an error message saying "bootloader software version is too low"

I can ftp into it with the toolbox and see the various files. Can someone send me the correct files so I can change them one by one or let me know how to force flash it with the old firmware.

Thanks.

Soupdragon

Registered
Right time for an update, I got much the same error message as before and have determined that the problem is that the bootloader has been upgraded in that firmware to version 1.0.7 and all other firmware is still using the 1.0.4 bootloader.

The toolbox wont let you flash a firmware if the bootloader is older than the one on the stb hence why I got the error.

My solution was to extract the 1.0.7 bootloader and patched it into a working 1.0.4 image. I used a lavatronics image and produced a firmware with a 1.0.7 loader and the lavatronics software inside. This was flashed via rs232 without any problems and I was able to boot up the box.

I then downloaded via the box the new lavatronics firmware (bootloader+ all software) via their ftp in the box and it successfully downgraded the bootloader back to 1.0.4.

I don't know if that firmware Estimadarocha posted bricked anybody elses combo box or if it was just a bad download on my part but if it has here is a link to my modified firmware with the 1.0.7 loader if it helps anybody else.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u...+FTAHD-011014-COMBO with 1.0.7 Bootloader.abs

wonkypea

Registered
hi all. ive read through the thread and others (eleswhere) i'm struggling to get my box connected to either my pc or my mac. i'm trying to use the rs232 which came in the box. i've never flashed a box before either.

would a jack to usb lead work instead of the cable provided?

joebrady

Registered
Hi guys
I have similar problem - except I did not even get a lead to connect into the "jack" RS232 input at the rear of the box.
So I assume I am missing even this cable ?

serps

Registered
Right time for an update, I got much the same error message as before and have determined that the problem is that the bootloader has been upgraded in that firmware to version 1.0.7 and all other firmware is still using the 1.0.4 bootloader.

The toolbox wont let you flash a firmware if the bootloader is older than the one on the stb hence why I got the error.

My solution was to extract the 1.0.7 bootloader and patched it into a working 1.0.4 image. I used a lavatronics image and produced a firmware with a 1.0.7 loader and the lavatronics software inside. This was flashed via rs232 without any problems and I was able to boot up the box.

I then downloaded via the box the new lavatronics firmware (bootloader+ all software) via their ftp in the box and it successfully downgraded the bootloader back to 1.0.4.

I don't know if that firmware Estimadarocha posted bricked anybody elses combo box or if it was just a bad download on my part but if it has here is a link to my modified firmware with the 1.0.7 loader if it helps anybody else.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u...+FTAHD-011014-COMBO with 1.0.7 Bootloader.abs

soupdragon you are an absolute legend!

i have been trying to fix this for days! thanks

gani12

Registered
Bootloader mismatch error

I recently Had the Same problem with Dekolte Image tried another Image
from Lavatronic and gave me Bootloader mismatch error been looking for a
solution for 2 months

Just used the Image soupdragon posted and solved the Issue top post
Thank you very much worked like a charm.

amebasu

Registered
Use RS232 to put software (all + bootloader) , to do it use Super AIO toolbox and patch with Lavatronics soft.

Last edited:

superjaf

Registered
thanks, I used the image of snapdragon01.
The problem is that the firmware still bricks my box, so its still showing ON on ON on all the time.
I think it is impossible to fix, I dont know what else to do...