Octagon 1008 SE+ firmware problems

jokkemokke

Registered
Hi. I bought an Octagon 1008 SE+ in July 2012, and it was running fine with the firmware that was preinstalled when I bought it. I don't remember exactly which firmware version it was.

Some months ago I decided to upgrade the software to the latest at the time, which was 2.11.30. After this upgrade, turning on the receiver from standby took forever. When I turn on the power I can see on the display of the receiver that it goes through the boot up procedure and ends up in standby. But when I press the power button on the remote control on the remote control, it would go through the boot procedure once again, before it turns on. Standby power saving mode is not enabled.

Also it would for some reason go back to standby after having been turned on for 3-4 hours, and it would have to go through the boot up procedure again to power back on.

Today I tried to update the firmware to 2.11.49 to see if it would solve my problems, but it wouldn't. Instead I am now also having problems listening to certain radio stations since the sound disapears every few seconds. This was not a problem before I updated the firmware to 2.11.49.

My first thought was to downgrade to an older firmware, but it doesn't seem to accept firmwares older than the one already installed.

Any ideas what to do?

Thanks.

horika2006

Registered
hello

Can you please tell me how to uptate firmware to octagon 1008 se hd? I try acording by the book but with no sucess.
Thank you in advance!!