Best HD receiver

haji24

Registered
Hi everyone

i need your advise what is the best HD receiver?

i had DM8000 for few years somehow the motherboard gone and need 300 euro to fix.
DM 500HD i want that for my bedroom. can u suggest which of these boxes are good money is no option.
DM7080HD
VU +DU2 HD
DM 820HD

Regards

RimaNTSS

Registered
Hi everyone

i need your advise what is the best HD receiver?

i had DM8000 for few years somehow the motherboard gone and need 300 euro to fix.
DM 500HD i want that for my bedroom. can u suggest which of these boxes are good money is no option.
DM7080HD
VU +DU2 HD
DM 820HD

Regards
Can you answer to question: What is the best car? :D .... Perhaps no, but if answer is yes than you probably used some criteria to make decision. Criteria like maximum speed, fuel consumption, gas/diesel, color, number of seats, number of doors, interior material, availability of service, brand, price etc, etc.
Best car for you will not necessary be the best car for somebody else.
Same here, to say what is best tuner you should decide for yourself what criteria be used to evaluate all available and make final decision. Criteria for receivers could be:
- weight
- design
- ergonomy of remote control
- frequency of the processor
- internal flash memory volume
- # of installed tunes
- availability to add additional tuners
- alternative software availability
- brand (sometimes we pay more for famous brand: Ferrari vs Mersedes)
- possibility to install internal hard drive
- 100Mbps/1000Mbps
- # of USB readers and card slots
and many many others.
Are you able to answer all those questions?
All of your mentioned receivers are good, including old good DM8000. There are also other receivers available on the market and also they are good ones.
Usually people say they have best receiver, other ways they would not buy them.
What did you mean by this?
can u suggest which of these boxes are good money is no option.

haji24

Registered
very good statement Rimantss it all down to the budget if i had a millions defo go for Maclaren P1 less than a mil just go for a basic 20k to 40k sports car.

with sat box i want the one with best 1080P picture, good tuner, fast processor, high RAM and USB, Ethernet and wireless connection. finally 2.5 HDD but not necessary.

RimaNTSS

Registered
2haji24:
"best 1080P picture" is very subjective criteria. If you put 2 TV-screens side by side and ask 100 people to say which one is showing better quality picture: do you think all 100 will give exactly same answer? :rolleyes: I do not think so.
What do you mean by "good tuner"? Can you make some examples of "bad tuner"? Impossible!
Not so many receivers have wireless module inside (DM8k is one of them BTW).
I know couple of good receivers (best for me), both I have:
DM8000 and Giga Blue Quad Plus
TBH, I still believe DM8000 still capable receiver and can do almost anything new and powerful nowadays receivers can.
I've also heard Vu receivers also good. :nana:
You decide! :mecry:

ostas-oleg

Registered
Все при обсуждении, почему-то называют ресивер тюнером, и самое главное забыли это хорошая чувствительность тюнера и его работоспособность в S2 на высоких скоростях!