DM 820HD queries about local installation

LanceH

Registered
Hello

I have been using OpenATV 5.3 for some time, but wanted to try the original DM firmware. I used the latest stable OE2.5 firmware (08/12/16) and all went OK until I tried to use local extension install to add ABM and another skin.

I have a SATA harddrive installed, so used ftp to copy the ipk files (which work fine on OpenATV) to the root of the harddrive and also the tmp folder (as I wasn't sure which location the firmware used for local extensions). However, the box could not find any files. What location should I have used?

I then copied the files to a USB stick and tried to get OE2.5 to find the files by mounting and then selecting the USB stick. The stick was mounted OK, but OE2.5 simply stated that the files were not present.

I then flashed OE2.2 (which the box came with originally) dated 14/5/16 which also recognised the USB drive OK and I was able to select the ipk files to install. However, the box simply said that "0" files were updated and nothing happened.

What have I done wrong? I am new to E2... should I be using OE2.5? Is it "better" than OE2.2? I assume it has later drivers etc.

(On a related note, OpenATV does not seem to use the tmp folder for local installation files, it uses the root of hdd - is that correct?)

accept

Registered
hi .in oe2.2-2.5 you must use the deb file .not ipk when you used cvs image.ipk file must copied in the tmp folder by DCC not usb .and after that installation by telnet comand

Last edited:

LanceH

Registered
hi .in oe2.2-2.5 you must use the deb file .not ipk when you used cvs image.ipk file must copied in the tmp folder by DCC not usb .and after that installation by telnet comand

Thanks. I've spent too much of my time playing with various images and settings. I've just ordered a VU+ Solo 2 and will sell the DM 820HD.