Editing Satellite list

barret

Registered
A few questions from a new Vantage 7100 HD user regarding the possibility of changing the Satellite list? These questions will probably be considered dumb to most of you but I will ask anyways because i have no clue. I just got the Vantage usable with the latest firmware making it NTSC compatible, now I would like to delete the current Satellite list and install a Western Hemisphere list. The Galaxy, Echo, AMC sats etc. Can this be done and if so what would be the easiest approach. I downloaded the 2.0 HD Channel editor from Vantage but am not sure if this is what I need or even how to use it? Would I use the RS232 cable? Any help to get me started is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Chris

barret

Registered
It took me a bit but I have it done. Everything is edited with a North American Sat list.

Viking61

Registered
Maybe you can start an american webshop for this tuner now that you have everything worked out. :D

barret

Registered
Maybe you can start an american webshop for this tuner now that you have everything worked out. :D

It's been a learning experience but has been worth every minute. Out of the receivers and DVB cards I have the( Pansat 9200HD / Pansat 3500S / Viewsat/ Uniden / Skystar2 / TT 3200/ and now the Vantage 7100HD ) the Vantage has by far become my favorite one. What makes it difficult is when you know a system like the Pansats its hard to get it in your head that there is a different way to do things. Although the principles for updating, channel editing, and basic receiver operation are the same the procedures are different.
Well now that the basic receiver operation is working I can move on to learning the external hard drive hook ups and so on.

Chris

Last edited:

hariskar

Registered
A few questions from a new Vantage 7100 HD user regarding the possibility of changing the Satellite list? These questions will probably be considered dumb to most of you but I will ask anyways because i have no clue. I just got the Vantage usable with the latest firmware making it NTSC compatible, now I would like to delete the current Satellite list and install a Western Hemisphere list. The Galaxy, Echo, AMC sats etc. Can this be done and if so what would be the easiest approach. I downloaded the 2.0 HD Channel editor from Vantage but am not sure if this is what I need or even how to use it? Would I use the RS232 cable? Any help to get me started is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Chris

How did you do it? I live in Europe, but want to edit the sat list too, because many satellite names have changed. Is there an option to do it from the receiver menu? I tried to do it in my PC with channel editor but then Vantage can not find channels even with blind scan...

Thank you!
Haris