Be Aware Gemini 4.4 Images

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
New Gemini 4.4 as been released and these are comments from them.

We'd like to thank everybody who paricipated in the "Gemini suggestion" thread. Unfortunatly many things can not be realized from our side.
This images doesn't contain any keys or softcams. Backups or other modified Images are not from us and won't be supported!
Gemini Images may only be used on receivers of the manufacturer Dream-Multimedia-TV.
The use of this Image is on your own risk.

if you think you have a clone receiver do not install this or future gemini images

Last edited:

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
you can send a telnet command to check if your mac addreess is a dream multimedia original one, this is how they find out that your reciever is a clone, if its not a DMM original mac address they then send the bomb to your reciever that destroys the boot loader.

open DCC click on telnet
type login
dreambox login = root
password = dreambox if default
then type these commands below

cat /proc/bus/dreambox

then you will see these results

root@dreambox:~> cat /proc/bus/dreambox
type=DM7000
chipset=STB045xxx
boardrev=07
nnimtype=DVB-S
ethernet=00-09-34-XX-XX-XX
root@dreambox:~>

look at ethernet line if you dont have 00-09-34 in the first six numbers your mac address is not a dream mulimedia one so dont download gemini images unless you change your mac address.

eli.racheli

Registered
dm500s

i have dm500s , should i get the same prefix ?
is anyone have orignal dm500s box and can try this script to check the MAC address ?

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
yes is the same make sure you use a space after cat, cat /proc/bus/dreambox

~ > cat /proc/bus/dreambox
type=DM500
chipset=STBx25xx
boardrev=06
nim=Alps -S
nimtype=DVB-S
ethernet=00-09-34-XX-XX-XX
~ >

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
i get the prefix 00-12-25 .
is it clone box ?

if you want to change the mac address

Open this file with notepad, put any values you want in xx.xx.xx
(in esadecimal A-F 0-9) and ftp it to var/ect, changing attibutes to 755 then reboot.

eli.racheli

Registered
but if i will install a new version of gimini i will have time bomb in it beacsue it is implament in the installation.

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Yes, modifying the mac address in the bootloader is the only way to make your box seem as original.
DMM will certainly not help you with a clone box.

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
well if thats the case DMM wont do anything, take it back to the supplier and tell him you have checked the mac address and its not a dream multimedia one so its a clone.

lots of the clones have original packing with a dream multimedia mac address printed on the box and on the sticker underneath it, its only when you send them commands to the receiver that you find out its not a proper DMM mac address

Last edited:

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
well the best thing you can do is phone or email DMM and give them the mac address, and they will tell you.

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
have you told this to the person who you purchased it from who said it was not a clone.