kennyboy

Registered
not long had this box it was given to me to get it working ive got cccam
SERVER TYPE: CCCAM
DOMAIN
PORT:
USER:
PASS:

ive got it backed up i just need to know where to put it please.viark drs2 4k.

raul7

Super VIP
menu/other/server setting/bouton green--add

server enable-yes
SERVER TYPE: CCCAM
DOMAIN ip/url:
PORT:
USER:
PASS:

confirm/ok

Santangello

Registered
Hi all,

I have had no probs with my box, installed 1.02 out of the box and all fine.....however....

I selected the 'Update' from the UI, then on the selections on the right hand list I seen an update for the .bin file (the top selection), clicked on it and it dowloaded a file.....must have been a decent size, it took 5 mins or so to download on fast d/l spped.

The said file installed and the the set needed to reboot.....it is now stuck in a boot loop with the last commands on screen before it self reboots itself reading as follows:

Supported API:3

--Wiping data...
Formatting /data...
Formatting /cache...
Data wipe complete.
reset baseperam...
Rebooting...

I would be really obliged if any kind/educated soul could help please....I hope I haven't bricked it. I have tried the above fix and it made no difference

Many thanks in advance.

Santangello

Registered
Thanks for the prompt reply :)

I haven't, and would love to but the link to the original firmware is dead.......bummer.

Santangello

Registered
Cheers Smithy.....

Got what was needed, followed all instructions....after selecting update (via the + button), goes to try and update then shows the Android on its back with error ! then goes back into the dead bootloop :(

jenseneverest

Registered
i have slightly different instructions, translated from somewhere, there is also a reset pin under the box....will try and find what info i have for using that.
Make sure you are using a good name branded usb stick, less than 8gb in size.

Code:
Step by step manual of how we can recover the receiver that has been left hanging in a loop. 
With the word BOOT.

We download the Recovery Firmware, it is the original firmware of the DRS2 receiver

Once downloaded, we format a PENDRIVE USB to FAT32

Once we have the USB clean , we create a folder called: RomUpdate

And inside the folder we put the original Firmware that we have downloaded and we rename it: RomUpdate.bin

disconnect power cable to DRS2

Insert the USB stick In the VERTICAL BACK USB, next to the power socket, and NOT in the horizontal usb

Plug in the power cable and press and hold the «Power» button on the Viark DRS2 Front Panel (the display will alternate between «BOOT and UPDATE» 

Then release the "Power" button and press the "CH +" button on the Front Panel until the "UPDATE" message remains solid.

We wait a few minutes while the receiver loads the file

the receiver will display UPdt while it continues updating.

This process takes a couple of minutes, be patient

Once finished the screen remains black, wait a little more it will restart.

eventually the box will start from fresh again.

EDIT:

Code:
Another way : (translated)

Unplug the power cable
Remove pedraive, memory card that you have put
Put the signature you want to put (only the file without folder) on the pendrive formatted to fat32
Put the pendrive with only the file in a usb port
Press and hold the reset (turn the deco over and you will see a small hole next to the vents,
press it with something thin toothpick or paperclip etc)
Plug in, wait 3 or 4 seconds and release the reset It
should start a new installation of the firm.

Last edited:

Santangello

Registered
Top shouts Jensen, I have been using a 32GB stick for starters.

I will try the above methods and report back.

Much appreciated :)

Santangello

Registered
.....and no change I'm afraid.

Whatever I try either stays in the bootloop, or ends up with the Android error :)

I'm gutted.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
.....and no change I'm afraid.

Whatever I try either stays in the bootloop, or ends up with the Android error :)

I'm gutted.

What ive read elsewhere when recovering is to use the VERTICAL REAR USB, next to the power outlet.

Try it worth a shot.