Performing Fausto keyupdate

matssss

Registered
Hi, confused newbie...
Tried to study as many "how to" as possible, but don´t seem to succeed updating old keys via Fausto and a fresh softcamfile.

What I do:
Run Fausto - press load keys.bin - press editor - load keys.bin again - tools - import keys - load softcam.key - in upper window new info loaded - save file (press yellow arrow) - Fausto keys updated.txt created - hit closing cross (upper right corner) - (back in editor) - save keys file - keys.xml & keys.bin created (in file where loaded keys.bin from)

If I next load the newly created keys.bin - tools - import keys - load same softcam.key - SAME updating in upper window is performed!!

No real update (besides Fausto keys updated.txt > not used??) is done to the keys.bin...???

Am I doing some procedure wrong? What is Fausto keys updated.txt actually used for - my information on what update should have been done on keys.bin?

Sorry - please explain! :confused:

empb

SU Team: It's All Good (Fausto v1.45/Newcamd/vplug
Staff member
Administrator
Not sure what you are trying to update the Fausto key.bin is already fully updated with the keys in the Fausto Softcam, the functions you describe are for adding new keys when the softcam contains a new key not already in the key.bin, but mine & arababe's (and other members updates, I am sure) Fausto key.bins are already fully updated.

matssss

Registered
My thought behind: maybe there are "unusual keys (Scandinavian or Nordic) not fully included in all updates. The key.bin size vary a lot between updaters. Thats my reason to take my old key, enter it to Fausto and update it through Fausto softcamtool. But its really the caids worrrying: 090F is not always included, and suppose Fausto is not primarily designed for V-guard...?

Sorry if I offended You - still learning how satkeys and satboxes work...:eek:

empb

SU Team: It's All Good (Fausto v1.45/Newcamd/vplug
Staff member
Administrator
Keys for Viasat 090F are imbedded within Fausto and are not in key.bin. And if added to the key.bin do not work under Diablo Stealth, Underworld or Ipnosys EMU.

Easy enough to edit CAIDS files (to add CaID: 090F) you can use Fausto, Diablo Key.Editor or Word Pad Editor.

There are plenty of tutorials in the Diablo tutorials and tutorial PDF files in the Fausto threads.