DM 500c Neutrino

sham690

Registered
HI all,
I am a new user and not sure what I am doind to be honest. I am using the neutrino image on my 500c and the picture is quite grainy and shadowy. When something moves fast on the screen you can still see the shadow a second later very annoying.
Somebody suggested using gemini 2.9, I am afraid to try this as I had a few problems putting the neutrino image on.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I am living in Ireland.
Thanks
Sham690

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Well you shouldn't have any problems loading gemini image. Latest is 3.3 as long as you use dream up.
And you should check if perhaps you got something wrong in A/V settings.

sham690

Registered
Many Thanks for the reply.
So would you recommend the lastest version?
I don't really understand a lot of this as I am new to it so I am trying to learn.
Thanks Again.

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Well nothing really special in few latest gemini releases, they mostly cover some aesthetics, but I guess you are always better of with latest release.

sham690

Registered
thanks guys for all the help gonna try it in a while.
Will let you know if things improve.
Sham....

sham690

Registered
Hi Again,
I tried loading the gemini image on to the box and it seemed to load up ok but when I tried to scan I got no channels. I then went back to neutrino and it came up saying "just neutrino, no emu". Luckily I had a backup and when I loaded a different neutrino on it worked fine with the Evocamd and the neutrino image. Problem is I am back to square one, grainy picture and there is a shadow problem when people or objects move fast on the screen. I am living in ireland and have the dreambox 500c, I am despersate to find a solution to this.
I don't really understand the whole cam thing to be honest. The neutrino image I have has a cam built in so I don't have to ftp or anything just use dream up.
Sorry for the long message I am just getting frustrated.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Sham.

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
Hi Sham690 if you are using a motorised setup give your dish a little nudge either way see if it gets any better, it could be the case with all the heavy winds thats been about.

In your post you say you are using a dreambox 500c if this is the case the 500c is a cable model not a satellite model the 500s is the satellite model.

Last edited:

sham690

Registered
Can anyone help me with this?
I guess what I need to know is will the latest Gemini image work on my DM500c.
Neutrino works fine but I am not happy with the picture quality. Is this affected by the image or the cam?
Any Ideas appreciated.
Thanks

sham690

Registered
Sorry I know I am probably the only one replying to my own questions but I have made some progress. I was told I need to use the gemini 2_90 image and to keep the cables.xml from my neutrino image. What is the easiest way to do this, is there a way to extract the xml from the image using the pc?
I tried iso buster but cant seem to extract the cable.xml. As far as putting the image over, I used the null modem cable and it worked fine, there were no stations found so I assume when I copy the xml over they will appear?
Hopefully someone can help me with this.
Cheers.
Sham

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
You can ftp to your box and transfer cables.xml to your pc. After you load new image. Transfer it back to your box at the same folder.

sham690

Registered
that sounds good, thanks a million guys I think I am finally getting somewhere.
Bless your patience!!!!!!
Cheers.
Sham

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
One last thing, are there any instructions in English on how to use the DCC?
Thanks.

I am not sure but you don't really need them. You just go to configuration tab first and enter all required details. Like choosing connection type, dreambox login info, ips etc.
Then you switch to FTP tab and transfer the files. But you don't have to bother with DCC. Any ftp tool can do the job. You enter ip and login info and create and ftp connection with your dreambox.