predator 3.69 ORF freezes

mario1107

Registered
Hi!

I'm using an original ORF card in a dragon cam with predator 3.69 in a Topfield TF4000PVR. About 1-3 times per hour an ORF channel freezes for about 10-20 seconds. Has anybody ideas?

Mario

Last edited:

empb

SU Team: It's All Good (Fausto v1.45/Newcamd/vplug
Staff member
Administrator
Whos version of Pred369? i.e. Which CAIDs are included/installed on file/in CAM?

And what make/encryption original card? :

BetaCrypt
Cryptoworks
Irdeto 2
Nagravision 3
VideoGuard?

mario1107

Registered
I'm not sure about the version of the predator 3.69. I think it was the original one.
CAID 0D05 for Cryptoworks-ORF is included, otherwise this would not work at all, or?

The card is one of the first ORF cards, so it's the pure Cryptoworks version.

I also tried a new ORF ICE-card (ICE = Irdeto Cryptoworks Enhanced) which did not work at all. Do you maybe know why?

empb

Staff member
Administrator
If you have the right CAIDs, must be a problem with Dragon CAM/Predator firmware (like Sky White cards and CAID 0963). As you say Original Predator369 has CAID 0D05.

Have you used DragonCrypt v1.16 or PredEdit v1.6 to check the CAIDs.

I believe Irdeto Enhanced (ORF ICE Cards) cards require CAID 0D95 & probably 0648 present on the firmware.

monza42

Registered
Hi
Delate the ORF Key´s from your Predator Version
or use a Updated Predator 380 which have the Caid
0D05 Inside and no ORF Keys
ORF "Ice" don´t Work,as far as i know,infact
Dragon don´t support I+r#d*e>t<o

empb

Staff member
Administrator
Dragon doesn't support Irdeto??

G@mm@ card works (Irdeto)

Fausto Irdeto hacks work (including CS) (Irdeto)

Conclusion Irdeto works on Dragon!

But yes thanks to monza42 - zero all ORF Cryptoworks etc keys (or load new Predator380 with no ORF hack included) - good point!!! This should stop freezing with your Cryptoworks card

empb

Staff member
Administrator
No but that only confirms ORF Irdeto card doesn't work, you wouldn't say Dragon does not support Videoguard because new sky cards do not work, even though old Sky cards worked would you???

So the statement "Dragon does not support Irdeto" is incorrect.

The correct thing to say would be "Dragon does not support ALL Irdeto" - and ORF looks like it might be one of those not supported :( (our friend mario1107 who ask's needs to check with caids suggested and report back, but thanks to your suggestion his ORF Cryptoworks card should no longer freeze if he removes all the ORF keys - zeros them etc :) ).

Edit: Old official MCT Irdeto card, worked with Predator343 for example!, Premiere official Irdeto(Betacrypt) cards worked with Predator320 for example........

monza42

Registered
Hi
Premiere never use Irdeto what will you tell me with this?
is Caid 1702 Irdeto ??but anyhow ....
Edit:
Did you mean KD ?? which will Work with Caid 1722 in the Diablo?

Last edited:

empb

Staff member
Administrator
Not true Irdeto I guess yes fair enough (Betacrypt).

But I still say Irdeto is supported by Dragon CAM friend, just not all. It was sold as a Multicas cam capable of supporting :

Irdeto
Irdeto II
BetaCrypt
Viacess
Viacess II
TPSCrypt
Seca
Seca II
Nagravision
Conax
Cryptoworks
Dreamcrypt

Think we are getting off topic now though. You've hopefully solved our friend mario1107's problem with your brilliant observation that he should remove all the ORF keys etc from the file or use a Updated Predator 380 which have the Caid 0D05 Inside and no ORF Keys, which I didn't think of, no ones perfect, not me or you.

mario1107

Registered
I zeroed all cryptoworks keys using the CI-menu of the receiver and then restarted, but ORF continues to freeze sometimes. (nevertheless the freezers seem to be more seldom and shorter, but the tests were too short to say it more precisely)

To be completely sure I will try a predator 3.80 with appropriate CAIDs (e.g. monza42's version 3.80 has 0D05 included).

To maybe provide more infos to your Irdeto discussion I could try the ICE card but since I don't have it now this could take some time.

Another question: Could a suboptimal satellite signal (strength: 75%, quality: 96%) affect the Cryptoworks decoding negatively? (The FTA channels NEVER freeze)

monza42

Registered
Hi
Could a suboptimal satellite signal (strength: 75%, quality: 96%) affect the Cryptoworks decoding negatively? (The FTA channels NEVER freeze)
No this have no effect

monza42

Registered
Not true Irdeto I guess yes fair enough (Betacrypt).

But I still say Irdeto is supported by Dragon CAM friend, just not all. It was sold as a Multicas cam capable of supporting :

Irdeto
Irdeto II
BetaCrypt
Viacess
Viacess II
TPSCrypt
Seca
Seca II
Nagravision
Conax
Cryptoworks
Dreamcrypt
Hi
If this is the result of your Homework?
Everybody knows that Dragon/T-Rex and Super T-Rex Cams are Sold with Firecrypt Software.
Predasaur and Predator Soft makes the Cam´s to Multicrypt Cam´s.
Infact the Dragon Team has big Trouble with Irdeto they Stoped the Irdeto Support so "Older" Soft´s may Work with Irdeto all newer Soft´s are not.
End of conversation for me about this Theme.

mario1107

Registered
I tried the current predator 3.80 by monza42 but the freezers still occur.

But I observed some strange (for me) thing: during "Grey's Anatomy" yesterday there were about five freezers in the 45 minutes but during the immediately following episode of "Private Practice" there was no freeze at all. Do this observation have any scientific background or is it just chance?

mario1107

Registered
Just added CAID 0D95 but the freezers are still there.

I think I will test an original cryptoworks CAM to be sure that it's not the receiver.

empb

Staff member
Administrator
infact
Dragon don´t support I+r#d*e>t<o

Hope you get it sorted mario1107.

@monza42, don't know why you get so upset, you said Dragon don't support Irdeto, all I said was this was not true. I never said all Irdeto works or Irdeto works perfectly.

But I still say Irdeto is supported by Dragon CAM friend, just not all.

And I never said anywhere my "homework" was latest information, I said originally cams were sold as....

@mario1107. If you have an T-Rex CAM you could also try the Alphacrypt software to see if this gives better Irdeto Emulation:

http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=132999

But It's All Good mate as long as mario1107 gets it working better than he had it working before.