dm500 help

zilla

Registered
i forgot to say when it comes up with sifteam image logo at boot it just sticks saying initialising but i can still get to menu and so on

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
netmask should be 255.255.255.0
nameserver and gateway should be the same 192.168.1.254

try reboot your router and see if they change to this

zilla

Registered
ok it is keeping settings now
but when i try to connect via fw it says
Please check connection parameters(whatever this means )
sorry about this guys im new to all this technoligy

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
it looks the the ip is out of the range of the router, see if you get a green line from the router-dreambox-pc with DCC,

if not untick the DHCP button manually enter the ip with an higher number like 192.168.1.259 save then try to reconnect with DCC.

zilla

Registered
tried that now m8 still will not connect #
i think maybe somthing wrong here
any one in manchester could have a look at it for me

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
ok after reboot these are the settings that are in there
ip = 192.168.1.67
netmask = 255.0.0.0
type = lan
name server = 192.168.1.254
gateway = 127.0.0.1

this states to me your router is not in order, was port 80 selected on the same screen

zilla

Registered
thanks for help brummie
i need to get to bed now m8 up at 5am for work
if ya see ces online ask him to pm me please hes the one i bought it off and ive had 4 hours of viewing on it :(

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
i would log into my router and check the settings, see what the ip range is set at, you can change these yourself so they on are the lower or higher numbers, then give the receiver an ip in the range you have chosen.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
ok after a reboot these are the settings it comes up with
ip= 192.168.1.67
netmask = 255.0.0.0
type = lan
name server =192.168.1.254
gateway = 127.0.0.1

gateway = 127.0.0.1

Your gateway is on loopback? That gateway IP should be set to the same IP as your router. And your netmask should be 255.255..255.0

Ferret

zilla

Registered
ive tried all what you guys have told me and thanks for youre guidence but i feel im totally out of my depth now (god help me :) ) ill give it one more try .

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Hi mate

Do you know how to get into you routers setup pages.

If so its IP and netmask will be there for you to see. I find it strange the DM picks up a loopback IP address from your router though

Ferret

zilla

Registered
A big thanks to Brummie and Ferret for helping me out on this you guys really make this site number one for all us noobs .
admin can close this thread now please

zilla

Registered
sorry dont close still not right
ive set my lat + long then gone to do a scan but when i press ok it reboots now back to image again
im using EDG-Nemesis-4.4_DM500.img
is there any other settings i should be doing ?
thanks

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
sorry dont close still not right
ive set my lat + long then gone to do a scan but when i press ok it reboots now back to image again
im using EDG-Nemesis-4.4_DM500.img
is there any other settings i should be doing ?
thanks

No mate

Default settings work with a universal LNB, if you have entered your coordinate and ticked gotox thats it.

If it is crashing when you scan use the manual scanning option not automatic and before you do reboot and check that your dish is pointing were is should be.

Ferret

zilla

Registered
Hi Ferret
I done just what yo said in last post ive put my old tm3000 on gone to thor then disconnected it then put dm500 on but theres no signal and looks like no power to motor (no lights on motor )so im guessing theres is a problem with the dm500 now ive msg ces and waiting on his reply