newbie question

axel

Registered
evening all,just got dreambox 500s as my area is going nagra3..i no all the answers are here , just to find them, before i talk about cs or venture into it.. i would like to how to program my card so it can work in dreambox..just to get feel for it first...my box is a clone ,,any help be great thanks in advance:)

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
There is a setup guide here for your Clone

http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=132626

As for programming your card. What card is it few files about for Art & JCS but these are available on the Mgcamd Emu anyway.

You mention CS well fake cards are frowned upon you need a real subscription.

Ferret

axel

Registered
blue sky card

thanks, card i have a blue sky card with free to air channels. want to try get this working , as im waiting on bt to install my broadband could be few weeks.. so i want to get into hang of things,,

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
The blue card will read directly in the CCcam emu with no fancy config.

The blue card you have wont last long as updates are no longer been sent to the blue card or will stop shortly.

The new white card can be read although you then need to add further information to the config in the for of a boxkey.

Ferret

axel

Registered
how does cccam work how do you install it,, i no blue card wont last long. just want to mess about and get familiar with this

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
what image have you installed you should be able to download cccam 2.1.3 from the remote

axel

Registered
i installed pli-jade image,, well thats what i thought, i powered up the box, wont even respond when i press menu, nothing on screen, its like a bad flash, im going to try it again.. but how do you install cccam,,

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Take a tip form me my friend.

If you new to Dreamboxes then Flash you DM with EDG 4.4 or Nabilo Darkstar II.

On Nabilo with your DM hooked up to your router press the yellow button then addons.

On EDG you need to transfer the extra.url over to var etc and then reboot then you can press the blue button twice to download CCcam.

Ferret

axel

Registered
thanks, no broadband no router yet. im going to download EDG 4.4 thanks again ,

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Can you FTP to the Dreambox via crossover cable or switch? If so we can still get CCcam on it.

Ferret

axel

Registered
thanks for help, i have darkstar 11 image on box now,, by the way im from ireland,, just did bit of research on ftp to box ,, i reckon i can do it ya.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Ok mate

Well what you need to do is FTP this file

http://www.sat-universe.com/showpost.php?p=492111&postcount=10

Over to the tmp folder at the root of your image.

Then press the yellow twice scroll to the manual install panel and then install CCcam.

Then exit and press the blue button once highlight the common interface and using the <> buttons on your remote select cccam and then press the green button to start the cam.

Ferret

axel

Registered
when i connected dreambox to pc. i set up site manager and connected... but could not connect ,, connection refused by server

axel

Registered
filezilla

evening, connected cross over cable to laptop(windows vista) ran filezilla but wont connect .

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry mate can not help with the Vista setup.

With a router it is more or less plug n play for FTP maybe invest in one.

Ferret

axel

Registered
i was away for while,still looking for help here. i cant communicate with box , im guessing my ip address is the problem, on my pc its 78.xxx.xxx.so on, my dreambox is 10.00.00.97.roughly,what have i to do to get them to communicate, do i need to change pc address, sorry for being a pain

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Are you still trying with the crossover cable?

Ferret

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Try this guide for crossover cable

DM Communications Setup

1. Connecting the DM to your LAN

Depending on how you are going to connect to your DM, you will need either a Crossover or straight Ethernet cable.

* if you are connecting straight to the DM from your PC, you will need a crossover Ethernet cable

* if you are connected to the DM through a router to your PC, you will need a straight Ethernet cable

2 Communication setup on your DM

The next step is to ensure your DM is correctly setup to use the connection to your router or PC.

On your DM select ‘Setup’ on your remote control then go to

Then go to ‘Expert Setup’

Then ‘Communications setup’

You should then be greeted with the screen below

dhcp1fa9.gif

Uncheck the DHCP tick-box to enable changes to the IP address.
IP Assign your DM an IP address, Usually Lan address’ start 192.168.x.x

So assign an address that no other PC or xbox is using on your network. eg 192.168.1.100
Netmask This is generally set at 255.255.255.0

Type Default setting for Local Area Network (LAN)
Nameserver & Gateway If you are using a router to connect to the internet, enter its IP address in both of these boxes. If you are not using a routerand the ‘Type’ is set to LAN,then normally these boxes can be disregarded.

Once completed reboot your DM

selecting ‘MENU’, ‘REBOOT’ then ‘REBOOT NOW’
You should now be able to communicate with your box. We will now look at setting up DCC which will allow us to FTP and Telnet into the DM.

thanks to Robxxx7 :thum:

axel

Registered
thanks ferret. i give it a go later, any need in changing pc address to 192.168 or just leave it as is,,,again thanks