Future of Diablo and other CAMs

boexli

Registered
Hi all

Just wanted to know what you guys think about the future of CAMs such as Diablo T REX etc. I have a strong feeling that the newly introduced encoding systems eg. *** Nagra2 wont allow the use of such programmable cards going forward. Would you expect linux based boxes such as dreambox to be safe for future use? Thanks B

Minicat

Registered
What this for an answer? He don't ask for a hack or crack!

Cam or STB? Good question but heavy to answer.
First:
Most cams are dead, no support any longer
The best supportet (legal) cam for the moment is the AlphaCrypt. But they have problems. e.g., the german provider KDH (Kabel Deutschland) has won at the court and AlphaCrypt hast stopped the support of there n2-cards.
Best supported illegal cam is the diablo cam. They also will read most cards.
For STBs we have to groups:
First, the firmware receivers. Working or not is a question for support from the manufactures of this STBs
Second, the linux receivers, so as Dreambox. Most of them can't read cards and/or crypt systems. Here zu need a softcam. Most popular is NewCS. NewCS can read any cards on every linux stb
For the future:
NewCS will also for the future, if possible
Cams as diablo sure not. They will make a new version and/or version update, you have to pay for it

But, a new problem comming soon. CI+... This is the new system of encoding tv programs. This will block recordings and other things. We will see what happens then. Can any softcam or cam break this? No answer at this time. If it is possible, there will be a solution on NewCS and cams

iammaduk

Registered
minicat yeah you are rite:nana:.all cams and cs and cards work on "decoding" the signals wether legal or not.
all are man made/man programmed not made by a pc or anything else as its all manually input/programmed by man
and like i said if its man made it can be broken its only a waiting game.:thum:

planetx

Registered
ok

stay tuned and everybody who is against Diablo Cam have a chair in hell:D

Diablo supports the cas7 c0n@x but a new upgrade will activate this option , and very carefull about the ird3t02 too:thum:

TonyO

Registered
They all become junk in the end, some sooner than others.

I have a cardboard box packed full of cams cards programmers leads, I also have a stack of old recievers that have become ornaments as well.

The diablo has been good for nearly three years though, it must be getting near retirement age by now ?

sstylianou

Registered
Guys you are also neglecting Fausto emulator by Saoud007 and the Massare Team they produce this tool to bring new lease of life into the old cams so they are far from dead with season interface 2 used to get Fausto working so not all is lost on those cams yet.:)

alunfennell

Registered
stay tuned and everybody who is against Diablo Cam have a chair in hell:D

Diablo supports the cas7 c0n@x but a new upgrade will activate this option , and very carefull about the ird3t02 too:thum:

I would not count on that ! Duolabs have made no comment on the running of Cas7 on there products nor N3.

Codes like Digitalb and Conax channels on Thor /Romainian channels were sold to Duolabs for extra revenue for these particular providers, This is how Duolabs products were opening Encryption othe eumlators and Key could not .... It not hacking its a form of indirect subscription....

Conax Cas7 has been in use in Scandinavia on cable & by some satellite Providers in different parts of the world for well over two years and its never been hacked !

If any of the East european providers are seen to be open again on products like Duolabs especially over the next year or two, there will be massive cout cases as Duplabs are in the business of buying codes from providers in return for percentage of over all sales... The encryption companys know this as Duolabs activaly advertise these services for providers !

Finally its most certainly the end for now of Emulators and Keys and as there is nothing realy open at the moment and probably not untill contracts and new encryptions settles down in a year or two, as it stands C/s is the only method worth considering !

ararat

CI+ and so called HD+ devices (=CI+ module is built in) are a real threat for all other CAMs:mad: - I intend to replace one of my two alphacrypt modules by a new diablo in near future, but don´t know, how long it will work. Depends on refusal of people to buy CI+/HD+ devices:

CI+ allows providers to deactivate all inserted CAM modules (whether CI+ or not - like Diablo and others) and HD+ devices (= devices with built in CI+ decryption system) for all channels that use CI+ system. You will perhaps even have to buy new CI+/HD+ hardware, always when the provider thinks that it´s no longer safe and deactivates it.

in addition, the provider determines

- what you may watch or record.
- how often you may watch a recording.
- for how long you may be able to watch your recording ( e.g. 1 time within 24 hrs after recording)
- wether you may change tv-channel or not during live tv (can forbid it when adverts run)
- if you´re allowed to quickly wind forward a recording (can forbid it when adverts run)
- that you can´t switch off youth protection (you´ll have to type your smartcard pin - do you still know it:eek:?)

Of course all recordings on hdd are scrambled and won´t play without subsccription smartcard.

Todays TV sets like my new sony TV with built in digital receiver "prepared for CI+" are already CI+ devices (didn´t know that, when I bought it).
I watch Free TV (RTL, Pro7 etc. are encrypted on german cable) with my Alphacrypt CAM plus D02 smartcard inserted in the CI+ slot of the TV at the moment. My CAM can be deactivated, if Free TV channels start using CI+.

The first TV channels to use CI+ are (un-)Free TV channels in HDTV resolution (RTL, Pro7, SAT1 & Co.). They call their 1080i channels HD+ channels - only because german ARD,ZDF, arte in HD (broadcasted FreeToAir since Aug. 15th, 2009) are "only" in 720p.
Stupid people should think HD+ must be better quality than other HDTV - that´s nonsense, of course. (my 7 SKY hdtv channels are 1080i, too - but don´t use CI+)

The best way to avoid a dark future is - inform people not to step into the trap!
Just don´t buy these devices and do without the hdtv (un-)free channels, for which you will (despite lots of adverts) even have to pay money one year after their launch!

The more CI+/HD+ devices are being bought - the sooner the commercial (un-)Free TV providers will spread their new copy protection system to all their broadcasted channels! Today they use it for HDTV and tomorrow for SDTV and more and more providers will do so ...

greetings
ararat

PS: German Vantage company will include HD+ (CI+) via firmware update into their receivers, before RTL HD & Co start in autumn. Beware!

cardaler

Registered
daiblo is dead and if duolabs dont pull there socks out everybody will be on linux machines even the wifi has gone boring now