Viark DRS2 - local streaming

Tagteam3283

Registered
Guys,

Does anyone know if there is an app to use on say a mobile or as firestick to view the content of the Viark DRS2 over a local network?

Say for example this box is in the downstairs lounge and someone in the bedroom wants to stream the channel to their TV?

archiesat

Donating Member
Try looking for air sync remote-z app to stream to android tablet or phone.
I managed to stream viark droid to tablet this method but was unable to stream to android tv as app was not there for tv.

Tagteam3283

Registered
Try looking for air sync remote-z app to stream to android tablet or phone.
I managed to stream viark droid to tablet this method but was unable to stream to android tv as app was not there for tv.

isn't this just a remote control app?

Ignore me, looks like you can mirror what's on the devices screen :)

Last edited:

archiesat

Donating Member
For what i remember never had to add stb in settings.if no stb connected message was on at the top i clicked on it and living room appeared at bottom then to select it to start mirror.

Tagteam3283

Registered
For what i remember never had to add stb in settings.if no stb connected message was on at the top i clicked on it and living room appeared at bottom then to select it to start mirror.

There isn't any option to add an STB in the settings and clicking on the top shows no STB connected

Also, I've noticed that that is an option in the DRS2 settings called "Home Connect" which appears to allow me to enable some sort of server and it has an encryption, password, username & port listed in the options. I've enabled it but I still cant connect to the box using my mobile by typing in the IP+port - maybe I need to do this from another "box" or app?

Last edited:

archiesat

Donating Member
I'm unaware of home connect i think its sharing between boxes like cs,i never needed to do anything with viark droi no apps or settings.just as long as my viark and my samsung tablet were on same network.once app was installed on tablet living room appeared were it said no stb connected.if it said no stb connected i clicked it and living room appeared at bottom of tablet to click.

Tagteam3283

Registered
I'm unaware of home connect i think its sharing between boxes like cs,i never needed to do anything with viark droi no apps or settings.just as long as my viark and my samsung tablet were on same network.once app was installed on tablet living room appeared were it said no stb connected.if it said no stb connected i clicked it and living room appeared at bottom of tablet to click.

i will have another go, cheers

tony52

Registered
I don't know if this will help, the Viark DRS2 has Bluetooth maybe you could try it this way