Go Back   Sat Universe > SAT Related > Signal Reception

Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts) or pop-under ads.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.

World-Of-Satellite

Eutelsat 5wb Missing Transponder Frequency

Signal Reception

Old 13-01-2021, 17:04  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Default Eutelsat 5wb Missing Transponder Frequency

Im very new to this so apologies if Im missing some basic concepts.

Im in France & Ive been using TVHeadEnd(linux) for the last 2 years to get FreeSat on 28.2e

Ive just put in a second dish to let us watch some French TV channels that will also go into TVHeadEnd so we can watch them on Kodi and in various rooms and are not tied to the sat cable.

I looked at Lyngsat and KingofSat and they both show a transponder at 11509 which contains France 2, 3, ,4 HD unencrypted.

There seem to be a huge number of channels, but I can tune to about 108 on my 80cm dish. ( Im down near Toulouse )

What I cant find is anything on 11509 even though both those sites say that there should be something there. I can only get about 5 unencrypted channels on my tuner.

Are these lists out of date, should I be able to get France 2 HD etc unencrypted on EutelSat 5wb ?

I will also post a question in another forum about whether its possible to use a bought card to unscramble them on my setup.
Old 13-01-2021, 17:10  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 1,724 Times in 731 Posts

11509 is multistream so requires a multistream enabled receiver or maybe card.
The Following User Says Thank You to manic01 For This Useful Post:
Monstamac (13-01-2021)
Old 13-01-2021, 17:11  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

Thanked 100,178 Times in 20,729 Posts

Your Satellite Receiver does not support Multi input Satellite [ M.I.S ] .
There is nothing you can do about that other than to purchase a more modern satellite receiver capable of M.I.S : )
The Following User Says Thank You to barney115 For This Useful Post:
Monstamac (13-01-2021)
Old 13-01-2021, 17:26  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thats really helpful, I dont mind buying another card as we need more channels. I was thinking of getting a digital devices card. I shall go and check its capable.
Old 13-01-2021, 17:49  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Vous avez besoin d'un appareil prenant en charge Multistream pour obtenir des chaînes françaises sur la lune
Eutelsat 5w b

Quote:
You need a device that supports Multistream to get French channels on the moon
Eutelsat 5w b
Old 16-01-2021, 17:23  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanks for all the advice. I found out my GTMedia Tuner S8 can do multistream and was able to tune into the missing channels today !! I have a new pci-e card on the way so hopefully TVheadend will support it without too much agro.