where do I Start?

Notably Noobular

Registered
Hello. I would like to learn about CAM emulators and anything related to unscrambling pay channels. I'm completely new to this. Do I have to use the cable company's equipment or can I buy my own reciever and dish. I have a dish hd dish that was left by a previous resident if that can be of use. I'm here to learn. I appreciate any help you can give me. thanks.

Notably Noobular

Registered
I said cable company because I didn't know the correct term for "dish company" or whatever that may be. To be clear, I want to buy my own reciever and dish if possible, and not involve the "dish company" at all. If I have to sign up for dish network etc and use their reciever and dish and pay for basic channels just so I can unscramble pay channels, then I probably wont do it. I don't know much about this yet so I'm just speculating on how it might work, hoping someone will clue me in. Thanks for responding.

lemme

Registered
Start reading and hope you have a bunch of time. The simplest approach is to buy a hellobox and put up a 10 ft dish if your in NA. C band is all here in NA available to circumvent...

Notably Noobular

Registered
alright. I don't have room for a 10 ft dish. I do have a Dish Network dish in my yard from a previous resident, but that probably doesn't help. Do I have any options under the circumstances?

kebien

Registered
Start reading and try to learn more.
This is not a forum where someone is going to tell you how to get free channels,while the result of sharing information here leads to that.
Other forums are more oriented in selling you what you need to get free tv,this is not one of them.
But,if you want to start with this,beware there is always an investment in time and money,to start and to keep it going.
Maybe better for you to get into IPTV instead?
Only you know how far you are willing to get into this hobby.