Technomate recommendation

Zipstar

Registered
Hi all

I quite like the look of the technomates.

I bought my parents the 5300 D+ USB and it works well, it has not has any new firmware or mods.

Anyone fancy recommending me a unit, id quite like to stick with technomate, and dont want to spend unnecessarily. I'm on hotbird, interested in the italian channels.

Is the 5300 flashable?

Any help appreciated, im a complete n00b so assume im easily confused :D

Zipstar

Registered
cheers mate

looks like top of the range, so id expect it to be better than say the 5200 or 5300... worth the difference in price?

what are the big wins, ie the things that this one can do that the others cant dream of?

mdt

VIP
cheers mate

looks like top of the range, so id expect it to be better than say the 5200 or 5300... worth the difference in price?

what are the big wins, ie the things that this one can do that the others cant dream of?

the tm5402hd is basically a hi-def version of the 52/3/400 series that you have already bought. the tm5402hd has the best tuner available today in a stb imho and has good patch/softcam support and can run c**am/newcamd lines also through the ethernet port. the cheapest ive seen them is £125 with free delivery, id choose one as your wont be dissappointed if you like the tm52/300 and it looks the same and has the same menu structure,set up menu,s and can be up and running in 15 mins from out of the box,regards mdt

Zipstar

Registered
thanks for the advice chaps, appreciated :)

ok TM-5402 sold to the n00b :thum:

so... cheapest i can find is amazon...
[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/TECHNOMATE-TM5402-SATELLITE-RECEIVER-Black/dp/B006LLWXIO/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1349546776&sr=1-1"]TECHNOMATE TM5402 HD SATELLITE RECEIVER, Black: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics[/ame]

the dish i have is IIRC a 90cm jobbie. It has two dishes a smaller one facing inwards and the lnb in the middle.

It was a long time ago that I used it and i seem to recall that the LNB had spiders and moss in it, so any recommendations on a new lnb? (is the dish called 'gregorian'?)

Last edited: