Communications Setup

star777

Registered
hi for the past few days my comm setup displays no internet connection with the static IP. however i am able to download and update keys and other plugins. the DHCP is highlighted i have done a system reboot, changed firmware with null modem cable but still static ip shows no internet connection. can anyone help. thanks

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
If DHCP is highlighted then you dont have a static IP.

Have i read this wrong or have you wrote it wrong?

Ferret

star777

Registered
DHCP is highlighted even if not highlighted the situation remains the same i.e no internet connection, however in the dcc ftp all works fine. my problem is communication setup shows no internet connection.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
In the communication setting do you have port 80/network ticked?

As a rule port 80 will be open in a router but it maybe the case you need to open port80 on the ip of the TM.

I seem to remember other having this trouble on a DSteam image.

Ferret

ToneDeff

Registered
if it still works why worry :D

not a vital feature the webpage they use to get i.p from is probably down.

p.s
UR Blue Panel is down, or was this morning when i tried so it's probably linked to that.

star777

Registered
hi ferret port 80 is selected and i am using the DS 4 rev3 image and i cant find the download for the emus. i press blue to emu manager but cant go further. if i oress yellow i get to the keys download area. how can i get to the emus download thanks

star777

Registered
i changed to the lastest ur image but still no internet connection in the comm setup, therefore i am now unable to load updates. could anyone help thanks

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
As pointed out above mate the UR Blue panel has been down. So you wont be able to get the updates.

Ferret

star777

Registered
thanks ferret i went back to the ds4.0 rev3 is this the latest for the TM500 on the DS images or can you recommend another image other than the UR. i still believe the UR is the best.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
V4 rev 3 is the latest, as for the best image with the TM you really ony have the UR Team and DS Team the rest are ported image for Dreambox groups.

Ferret

star777

Registered
thanks actually i find the ds4 rev3 effective but not user frindly like the ur image. is there any tutorial for the use of the ds4 rev3 image?