Newbie Which Technomate

YASO87

Registered
hi im new to this and i want to get a technomate not sure whats good can any1 recomend one pls thank you

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Hi mate

What do you want from the receiver. Is HD important? Do you want it to record TV and need PVR facility?

Linux receivers are very popular at the moment but are very complex to setup. Technomate have other tricks up there sleeves with easier setup but they are not as versatile as the Linux receivers.

Let us know what you want from a receiver and we can advice!

Ferret

YASO87

Registered
HI
thanks for the quick reply i want a reciever that i can watch football on like french italian and arab channels that have all the football games of the european leagues. and can you please explain to me what patching and softcam means. btw im looking at getting a technomate

YASO87

Registered
hi i have been trying to use the link u gave me with no luck always sorry no matches found
thanks for your help in advance

ZanMan

Registered
am in similar position to Yaso87

There is little or no mention on this whole forum about Technomate 3500 or 5400 are these good options for us newbies who want to share in the ability to open channels.

You guys are all so knowledgable but the terminology leaves us puzzled

mdt

VIP
which box

techomates arent crap, they are quality receivers but the problem is that there is very little open at the moment via patch/emu. spiderboxs have only just been released so i cant say whether they are any good or not but they look good and have plenty of features and are also available with a a+++ gift but i cant really elaborate on it as c/s cant be discussed. if you really want a technomate receiver with c/s capabilaties then have a look at a tm500/tm600 although i use a maxx1000 which is a protek/nanoxx clone.

drahcirk03

Registered
quality recaeivers, obviously u aint got a clue what the word means, as i said ,tms are crap chinese boxes,.

mdt

VIP
tm,s are crap

technomates are designed in the u.k. and made in south korea not china and if there so bad why do they sell more of these boxs in the uk than any other make?:rolleyes:

ZanMan

Registered
so guys, you all seem to favour Linux boxes, believe it or not I used to be a main frame engineer, but lost touch with technology. Will I have to get into Linux to ferkle with software not open to discussion here? nudge nudge

mdt

VIP
tm,s are crap

theres no need for that!, you are entiteld to your opinion concerning technomate receivers but mine is they are a well made receiver and a very easy to set-up and use even for the beginner. having installed about 60-to-70 different technomate receivers(mainly the 1000 series and more recently the 5000 series) over the last 4 years and i can honestly say that i havnt had 1 telephone call saying that they had broke. compared to the flood of chinese "whatever name" crap thats flooded the market over the last couple of years id choose a tm anyday, but thats just my opinion and you are entiteld to yours!!

ZanMan

Registered
I'm confused whether or not a Linux system would be ok for me in terms of patchability. I now came across the Darkbox GDS 7000, will you two guys let me hear you argue over this one, lol

mdt

VIP
tm choice

a linux box is still patchable but it uses a open source coding system and there are alot of software writers out there. the difference is with say a echolink, you patch it and the patch comes complete with emulator and keys and so on built in, as for linux all the features are seperate so you could patch it with the image of your choice and then add the cams,keys,config files for c/s and so on via dcc/tcc, you also need to keep your stb hooked up to the p.c to get the best out of it. i am very much a learner myself where linux is concerned im just trying to give you some idea of whats involved.:thum:

gogoli

Banned
technomates are designed in the u.k. and made in south korea not china and if there so bad why do they sell more of these boxs in the uk than any other make?:rolleyes:

Sory but SpiderBox manufature is in SEUL....South Korea not in China..
TM 3000 series is Manufature in Shenzhen China Global..just for your info...and Tm 5000 series and 6800 series is very small team no inginers left now from Hubtech. just for you info..

gogoli

Banned
technomates are designed in the u.k. and made in south Korea not china and if there so bad why do they sell more of these boxes in the UK than any other make?:rolleyes:

ha ha who disigned...i dont know in TM any disagner .lol

change front pannels like Tm 500-Tm 600 Tm 9100 of It gate !?/ Disigner for UK ..!!! this is really crap..

The only disanger they know is leing people and telling eevryone tey have the best box.!****

Ha wthey can have the best...all their linux is It gate....all their TMS are Hubtech...clarkteck before of them nd many others...3000series all Global China like Bluestar STB rubish....

Looks like even you have drink their drogs m8...

who says to you they sell more boxes then others !?
haw many HD sbt they have they sold in those 2 months !??even 10% of Spiderbox.