tm600 totally lost

notbillgates

Registered
Is there anywhere that I can find the basic information of how to download items,I am down loading and seem to always end up on a screen that ask's me to extract ,I extract to my folder end up with loads of files,which I am sure should not be there.But I am just lost.Alas I may be thick thickest one on the site

alboke

Registered
hi
best to put each zipped/rar file in a seperate folder aptly named then unzip/unrar to it then all files will be in correct folder. if you unzip/unrar to same place and files will be mixed up..hope it helps.. once unzipped/unrared thet will contain multiple files and sometimes folders as well..

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Hi mate

Tell us which file your downloading and we can get a idea as to what your problem is.

Ferret

D

Deleted member 118050

Your NOT thick m8,.it's just that Linux is an extremely frustrating operating system to get ones head round,....read as many of the tutorials on here as possible and believe it or not you will get clued-up on what to do,.....good luck

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
I have been trying to download the lot. Image/Cam/Keys/Channel list just to get going

Ok mate one step at a time!

Have you managed to flash a image to the TM600 yet?

You use the Term download! By this do you mean to your PC or TM600?

Ferret

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Ok mate

Download the above file and follow this guide to install the image then we will take you on to the next step.

To flash this image for a first time user it is better to be done with null modem cable and TCC

1. Down load the image.

And flash that image to your TM like this

2. Open TM control center .

3. Start TMCC with the TechnomateCenter.exe

4. Click on the serial tab.

5. Top option set the comport to the one you have your null modem cable connected to usually com1.

6. Now click the file button and select the unrared image you downloaded earlier.

7. Now in front of your TV switch the power OFF on your TM.

8. Press in and hold the UP ^ button and then turn the power back on youll see a setup screen in front of you.

9. Press the up button for serial update then the right > button and then the ok button. This will start the image upload. Wait till it confirms the process is done.

10. Now turn off the power leave it for a min and then turn it back on.

Ferret

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Your welcome mate

Any problems let us know these Linux boxes can be a bit daunting to start with.

Ferret