WWE News

sky star 2

Super VIP
One Reason Why Rey Mysterio Is Upset, Cena's WWE Title Stats, Shelton Benjamin
By Marc Middleton
May 12, 2010 - 5:10:28 PM

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- Shelton Benjamin will be getting his degree at the end of this semester from the University of Minnesota. He had gone back to college before being released from WWE. Shelton attended the school before being signed by WWE in 2000.

- Having held the WWE Title for over 1,000 days total now, John Cena has held the belt the fifth longest in a career of anyone in history. The top four on the list are Bruno Sammartino with 4,040 days, Hulk Hogan with 2,185 days, Bob Backlund with 2,138 days and Pedro Morales with 1,027. Cena will be passing Morales soon.

- One of the reasons Rey Mysterio is upset with WWE is because the AAA promotion in Mexico wanted to hold a Rey Misterio Jr. Cup this year and have Rey present the winner with the cup. Rey asked WWE for permission and they said no because they don't want him appearing on a AAA show even if it's just to present a trophy.

:thum:

sky star 2

Super VIP
Early Plans for WWE SummerSlam, Update on WWE Getting More Involved with Twitter
By Marc Middleton
May 12, 2010 - 4:58:37 PM

- The word came down from up top this week for WWE to get more involved with Twitter. The plan is to have talents use it more and push it more on TV. The idea is that the talents are supposed to Tweet stuff to promote their storylines. Officials don't want so much personal stuff about the WWE talents being posted on the social network.

- The current plan for this year's SummerSlam pay-per-view is to have Jack Swagger defend the World Heavyweight Title against The Undertaker. A Triple H vs. Edge match is also being talked about for WWE's Summer spectacular.

sky star 2

Super VIP
The WWE Deal That Jeff Hardy Turned Down, TNA Feeling on Hardy as World Champion
By Marc Middleton
May 12, 2010 - 4:54:59 PM

- WWE's last unofficial offer to Jeff Hardy before he went to TNA had a $750,000 downside where he would only have to work 65 dates a year, giving him the biggest break on the schedule out of any WWE stars, including Shawn Michaels.

Obviously Hardy turned the deal down as he was upset that nobody backed him after his drug arrest and he was upset over the promos that WWE had CM Punk cut on him after he left the company. The feeling was that Hardy wasn't with the company at the time and the promos from Punk weren't business as they weren't used to build a match.

It's believed that Hardy would have been a lock for TNA World Champion over Rob Van Dam if it weren't for his court case that's still up in the air.

sky star 2

Super VIP
Plans Change for Ted DiBiase's New Stable, SmackDown Star Turning Heel Soon
By Marc Middleton
May 12, 2010 - 5:12:55 PM

- WWE is looking to turn either MVP or Kofi Kingston heel on the SmackDown brand with the idea that the one who turns heel gets a big push and goes over.

- As noted before, Brett DiBiase will be going in for knee surgery next week and will be missing several months of action. This pretty much screws up the plans for the stable on RAW with Brett, his brother Ted and Joe Hennig. There was talk this week of putting Carlito and Primo in the stable but that hasn't been officially decided on. The word is that the Colons will be affiliated with DiBiase but won't actually be in the group.

WWE still wants to bring Joe Hennig to the main roster. There was talk of doing a Ted DiBiase & Joe Hennig vs. R-Truth & John Morrison feud. Hennig was originally scheduled for this season of NXT until officials decided not to have any second generation stars on this season.

sky star 2

Super VIP
Ric Flair Praises Jay Lethal, Mr. Anderson's Pay from TNA, Homicide's Comments
By Marc Middleton
May 12, 2010 - 4:48:45 PM

- Homicide was confronted by TNA management about his recent comments against the company in a radio interview. Homicide said he was misquoted and was asked by Terry Taylor to get a tape of the interview for proof.

- Mr. Anderson is believed to be making $2,500 per appearance with TNA.

- Ric Flair is now a fan of Jay Lethal. Flair was raving about Lethal for days after the iMPACT tapings, saying that Lethal now does Ric Flair better than The Nature Boy himself. Flair was hanging out with Lethal that night after the show and bragging to everyone.

sky star 2

Super VIP
Samoa Joe Considered for The Band, Daniels-TNA Update, Morale Down, Moore Injury
By Marc Middleton
May 12, 2010 - 5:00:21 PM

- Christopher Daniels hasn't committed to any Ring of Honor dates after July and the feeling is that he's at least in serious talks with TNA about returning.

- TNA morale was down after the announcement that iMPACT was moving back to Thursday came out.

- Shannon Moore had one of his earrings ripped out at last week's TNA iMPACT tapings and was bleeding badly.

- The word going around is that Sean Waltman's angle where he was laid out on iMPACT was to be his exit from the company. As seen, Eric Young became the new member of The Band. Believe it or not, Samoa Joe was also considered for the role before they decided on Young.

sky star 2

Super VIP

Kurt Angle Returning, Bischoff Talking About a New Show, Shelly Martinez & More
By Marc Middleton
May 12, 2010 - 4:07:09 AM

Partial source: F4Wonline.com

- Devin sent the following: TNA will be holding TV tapings at Universal Studios in Orlando on July 12th, 13th, 26th & 27th.

- Rob Van Dam vs. Jeff Hardy vs. AJ Styles for the TNA World Title will be the main events of this weekend's TNA live events. Other matches include Mr. Anderson vs. Jeff Jarrett, TBP vs. Taylor Wilde & Sarita, Desmond Wolfe vs. Abyss, Beer Money vs. Ink Inc. and Kaz vs. Brian Kendrick.

- There is said to be no interest right now from within TNA regarding Shelly Martinez coming back. A fan campaign was recently started online that Shelly supported trying to get her back with the company.

- Kurt Angle is scheduled to return to action at next week's TNA iMPACT tapings that will air on May 20th.

- Eric Bischoff has been talking about doing some sort of show on Spike this Summer similar to WWE's Tough Enough.

sky star 2

Super VIP

NJohn Cena Responds to Critics, Danielson at FCW, Hart Correction
By Marc Middleton
May 12, 2010 - 4:10:20 AM

- Bryan Danielson has been added to the Christian and The Miz appearance at WWE's FCW show on June 9th in Melbourne, Florida.

- In an update on the post from yesterday, it was actually Bret Hart's daughter Jade who had a baby girl, not his daughter Alexandra.

- WWE Champion John Cena joined Twitter on Monday and already has over 22,000 followers. Obviously Cena is dealing with some criticism on the social network. Cena wrote the following last night in response to some fans:

"Guys I am sorry to dissapoint but what u see on tv is what u get. That's pretty close to me in real life. I'm sorry if u think I'm watered down, I've been called worse."

sky star 2

Super VIP
Lilian Garcia Responds To Mick Foley Defending Her Against Triple H
By Michael Bluth
May 12, 2010 - 12:55:23 PM

Former WWE ring announcer Lilian Garcia has publicly thanked Mick Foley for coming to her rescue after Foley called out Triple H for making fun of Lilian's appearance when she returned to RAW for one night last month.

Mick Foley published a blog on MySpace criticizing Triple H for mocking Lilian Garcia during her appearance on the April 19th episode of RAW. Triple H made a joke about Garcia “horsing around” - a reference to an inside joke among some WWE employees that Lilian has a horse-shaped face.

Garcia wrote the following message to Foley on her Twitter account today (Twitter.com/liliangarcia):

“Mick Foley, this tweet’s for you!! I really appreciate your kind words and the compassion you showed in your blog. Your care for my feelings proves what a loving, caring and wonderful human being you are. This is why I truly miss working with you. You are one of a kind!! Thank you, love you!!”

sky star 2

Super VIP
Bret Hart Talks About Wrestling The MIz Next Week, Becoming A Grandfather
By Michael Bluth
May 12, 2010 - 3:07:33 PM

WWE Hall of Famer Bret "Hit Man" Hart has posted a new blog on Facebook talking about his United States title match with The Miz next week on RAW, becoming a grandfather this week and what it's been like working with WWE since WrestleMania. Here are some highlights of what Bret said about:

Wrestling The Miz Next Week: "My son, Blade, just told me I've got a U.S. title shot next week in Toronto. News to me. The Hartbeat goes on,"

Based on Bret's response, it's safe to assume that next week's "match" with The Miz will be heavy on "sports entertainment" without much wrestling on Bret's part.

Working With WWE Since WrestleMania: "Sometimes I can barely remember this stuff. Being stuck in Europe, the volcanic ash, Joe Legend, Monday Night Raw in London, touring both Smackdown and Raw, and before that, WrestleMania 26. Did all that stuff really happen? What an adventure. Life is good."

Becoming a Grandfather: "I finally became a proud grandfather yesterday when my oldest, Jade, gave birth to a 8lbs., 11oz. beautiful baby girl named Kyra Beans Hart. To be a grandpop is such an important role in a child's life and I look forward to being a big part of her life and the best grandpa ever. Like all proud grandfathers, I truly feel blessed at this time and I also congratulate her mother, Julie, on a job well done from the very beginning."

sky star 2

Super VIP
Chris Jericho Staying With WWE For Years, Meatloaf Comments On RAW Appearance

- WWE has posted an interview with singer Meatloaf, who talks about his surprise appearance on Monday's RAW and taking an RKO from Randy Orton. To view the video click here.

- In an interview with the UK Sun, RAW superstar Chris Jericho spoke about his love of music and what let to him perusing a full time career in wrestling over music. The most newsworthy item of the interview came when Jericho was asked about his future in WWE and whether he's be leaving the ring for the stage any time soon. Good news for Jericho fans, as he responded, "I think now is the time to stay for a couple of years to help those around me. I want to help the young talent."

RIDER

"Vanity is definitely my favorite sin"
Super VIP
HEADLINES

usama2009

Registered
New world chapm!

KANSAS CITY, Mo. – At Money in the Bank, World Champion Rey Mysterio overcame the relentless wrath of Jack Swagger, only to lose his freshly-defended title to SmackDown Money in the Bank winner Kane in a stunning turn of events. As a result, The Big Red Monster walked out of the innovative new pay-per-view the World Heavyweight Champion!

Despite being visibly injured from the back-to-back SmackDown assaults suffered at the hands of Swagger, Mysterio ultimately triumphed over his ultra-aggressive adversary. By loosening his boot at a crucial moment, Mysterio was able to break free of Swagger’s ankle lock, using his amazing athleticism to get the quick pin on his opponent.

Seconds after Swagger failed to recapture his “greatest trophy,” however, the furious former World Champion attempted to inflict further damage to the victorious Ultimate Underdog with a post-match ankle lock of destruction.

Just when it looked like things were hopeless for Mysterio, an irate Kane stormed down to the ring and attacked “The All-American American.” But, after chasing Swagger from the ring, The Big Red Monster shocked the WWE Universe, returning with his Money in the Bank briefcase to cash in his Money in the Bank contract. With an earth-shattering tombstone, Kane scored monumental victory that would cast a Big Red shadow of fear over both the World Title and SmackDown.

Kane has been on an uncontrollable rampage since he found his brother, The Undertaker, in a vegetative state over Memorial Day weekend. And when Jack Swagger set out to make the WWE suffer with his excruciating ankle lock – launching assaults on both Mysterio and Big Show - Kane accused him of attacking The Phenom. Two days before Money in the Bank, when Swagger tried to make Kane the third victim of his devastating ankle maneuver, it was Mysterio who emerged to hit the 619 on his No. 1 contender and save Kane. No one in the WWE Universe could have foreseen that Kane would return the favor, only to take advantage of the moment for his own frightening glory.

In a few short hours, the explosive nature of the Money in the Bank pay-per-view turned SmackDown completely upside-down. Kane made history by becoming the first Superstar to ever cash in a Money in the Bank title opportunity on the same night that he won it. But, as the triumphant Kane returns to Friday night after a nearly two month rampage, could the horrific predator become the prey of the 619?

RIDER

"Vanity is definitely my favorite sin"
Super VIP
DLINES

sky star 2

Super VIP
CM Punk Works Announce Booth, WWE Star Meets The Dynamite Kid,

-- Yoshi Tatsu wrestled Primo prior to Monday's live Raw broadcast in Hershey, PA, though it is unclear whether it was a dark match or taped for Superstars. CM Punk commentated the bout ringside.

-- Multiple WWE related terms trended on Twitter during Monday's "Old School" episode of Raw including "#OldSchoolRaw", "Brawler" and "Jim Ross."

-- David Hart Smith noted on his Twitter account that he met former WWE star Dynamite Kid (a/k/a Tom Billington) during the company's recent tour of Europe. Billington is best known for being half of the tag team The British Bulldogs with Smith's father, Davey Boy. Billington currently resides in Manchester, England and suffers from the after-effects of steroids and his high-impact wrestling style, which has left him confined to a wheelchair and partially paralyzed.

sky star 2

Super VIP
Additional Names At Raw, Talent Mistakenly Removed From FCW Site, Raw Note

-- It has been confirmed that Devin Allen, Dr. Cable Jones, Fahd Rakman, Ron Myers, Rhys Ali and referee Daniel Skyler were released from their developmental contracts with WWE over the weekend. Byron Saxton, Eli Cottonwood, Lucky Cannon and Rhys Ali were also removed from the FCW website's roster page, but have since been placed back. They have not been cut.

-- According to a fan in attendance at tonight's Raw in Hershey, PA, the ring ropes are red, white and blue and the vintage "WWF" logo has been hung up in the rafters.

-- Additional names that will be on hand for tonight's Raw are Ron Simmons, former WWE manager Slick, Bob Orton, Jr., and Tony Atlas.

sky star 2

Super VIP
SmackDown Rating, Bourne Injury Update, WWE Hyping Rock's Movie and More

- The Rock and his new movie "Faster" is currently featured on WWE's
website in their "Viewing Room" area.

- Shawn Michaels will be a special guest and celebrity horse rider at the 4th annual 4R Performance Horses Celebrity
Slide on December 3rd in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma at the OK State Fairgrounds. The event is being put on by Reining Horse Sports Foundation and the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

- This past Friday's WWE SmackDown on SyFy scored a 1.7 cable rating, down from a 1.8 the previous week. This week's show averaged 2.69 million viewers, down from the previous week's 2.77 million.

- Evan Bourne is back in the gym and still doing his physical therapy after shoulder surgery last month. Bourne is expected to return some time after the Royal Rumble and be good for WrestleMania.

sky star 2

Super VIP
Roster Out Of Loop On Survivor Series Plans, Old School RAW Update

- As of last night, many of the WWE roster weren't aware if they will be involved on the Survivor Series show, especially considering only three matches have been announced. The consensus is that most will work the PPV and WWE will not have to worry about travel expenses of getting talent to Miami as most of the roster reside in Tampa anyway. Nobody even know whether there will be the traditional multiple person Survivor Series elimination match.

- The old "RAW" letters are featured for the entrance of tonight's "Old School" themed RAW.

sky star 2

Super VIP
HHH and Shawn Michaels Down On Idea Of Inducting Golberg Into HOF, Stacy Keibler
News

- Triple H and Shawn Michaels both effectively nixed the idea of Bill Goldberg being inducted into this year's Hall of Fame. Both said that he didn't wrestle for long enough and HHH said they try to do a "legitimate" Hall of Fame and honor guys who deserve it.

- Stacy Keibler stars in two direct-to-DVD films
, titled "Fixing Pete" (out in January) and "Dysfunctional Friends." (out in May)

sky star 2

Super VIP
Another Match Added to Survivor Series, WWE Superstars Matches

- Matches taped before RAW tonight for Thursday's WWE Superstars were Melina & Gail Kim vs. Maryse & Alicia Fox and Primo Colon vs. Yoshi Tatsu.

- Santino Marella and Vladimir Kozlov are the new #1 contenders to Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel's WWE Tag Team Titles after defeating The Usos on tonight's RAW.

In an update from the earlier Survivor Series post, apparently the tag title match will take place at Sunday's pay-per-view. The card now looks like this:

WWE Title Match
Wade Barrett vs. Randy Orton
John Cena will be the special referee. If Barrett wins, Cena is free from Nexus. If he loses, Cena is fired from WWE.

World Heavyweight Title Match
Edge vs. Kane

WWE Divas Title Match
Natalya vs. Michelle McCool & Layla

WWE Tag Team Title Match
Santino Marella & Vladimir Kozlov vs. Heath Slater & Justin Gabriel

Survivor Series Elimination Match
Rey Mysterio, Big Show, MVP, Kofi Kingston and Chris Masters vs. Alberto Del Rio, Jack Swagger, Drew McIntyre, Cody Rhodes and Tyler Reks

Sheamus vs. John Morrison