Northern Lights / Aurora Borealis

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
There have been two massive solar flares from the sun, so look out for the Northern lights / Aurora Borealis tonight and tomorrow night over Northern Europe.

Nothing guaranteed obviously, but experts say it could be visible further South than normal.

It is my dream to see this at least once before I die! :thum:

dog-man...

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
ive seen this three times already i'm lucky where i live far north Ireland is the best possible place to view the northern lights there really is no obstructions especially since i live so close to the most northerly point which always has been and always will be an excellent spot to view , its quite a sight if you do happen to see the northern lights .
The first time i saw the northern lights was when i was a young lad only 14 left school to go fishing on a trawler boat got to see them clear as can be never thought i'd get the chance again ..i was lucky enuff to get two more chances infact .
The best advise i can give you is try your best to get on high ground i had to climb a mountain the last time i saw 'em was quite the challenge but was well worth it .

Good luck dog-man .
---
Barney2222

trickyd-1

Sounds cool Thank you for the heads-up Dog man. All good until a solar flare erases your HDD and knocks out power.

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
Good luck dog-man ,
For me tonight i dont hold much hope at all its far too cloudy and Fog is moving in again all very bad signs indeed
but i hope u get the chance to spot the lights tonite like i said its quite a sight to see .

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
Unlikely but not impossible that I will see them where I am.

I am far too far south.

I intend to go for a week in a cottage in extreme North Scotland overlooking the sea one year just for a chance to see them. Far cheaper than going to Scandinavia.

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
LOL's ..Take a warm jacket , Gloves , and a warm flask for Tea
North Scotland can be brutal even in the summer time ..lol's
i used to fish just off mallaig and SKYE and believe me its bitter non-stop : )