tm 5402 strange issue entering feed key

justcallmeSteve

Registered
i have been trying to enter a set of keys for a boxing feed the last of the 8 being c8 but after saving and exit i still get scrambled channel, so try 8280 again and i can see the last of the 8 pairings showing as c5 and i cannot get it sorted i rebooted entered keys again and the same thing happened c5 after i entered c8 and i even tried deleting the transponder and re-adding it but every time after entering the correct keys still scrambled with the same issue c8 was entered but c5 showing,i even tried c1 but again that showed c5 has anyone got any idea how this is happening? tm5402 hd entering the keys manually as i have done for years.

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
you must enter the correct CW Key only 16 digits need entering the rest can be all zero's..
this is the CW key for the boxing i posted it works as i tested myself on my TM5402 M3 HD...i had to "xx" out the full key as keys are not allowed in chat topics...
make sure you are entering correctly the keys and ensure no other keys are similar interfering with the keys your are entering ,
key => https://www.sat-universe.com/showpost.php?p=2037100121&postcount=1997

95 xx xx xx xx xx xx C8 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

justcallmeSteve

Registered
you do not enter the Crypt8 ..you must enter the CW Key instead only 16 digits need entering the rest can be all zero's..
this is the CW key for the boxing i posted it works as i tested myself on my TM5402 M3 HD...i had to "xx" out the full key as keys are not allowed in chat topics...

yes thats the keys i'm entering with the 8 pairs of zero's but for some reason when i check why its not unscrambling all the first 15 digits are correct but the 16th is a 5 and not the 8 i entered,i've tried changing to all zero's saving and exit then re-entering but get the same problem,i've got the keys for the other boxing entered and working fine.

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
i double and triple checked the key i posted and it works on my TM5402 M3 HD and my TBS QBOX And my Starsat2000HD Hyper
all three boxes decode and work i am not quite sure what your missing but it seems like its something real simple that is being overlooked i think ?

justcallmeSteve

Registered
i double and triple checked the key i posted and it works on my TM5402 M3 HD and my TBS QBOX And my Starsat2000HD Hyper
all three boxes decode and work i am not quite sure what your missing but it seems like its something real simple that is being overlooked i think ?

no i dont think its anything wrong with the keys listed but something is happening after saving and exit that changes digit 16 from an 8 back to 5 i wonder if there is a limit to how many times you can use the same line for a feed as thats a transponder i've used a lot and does have a list of previous feeds.

ro_54

Registered
you must enter the correct CW Key only 16 digits need entering the rest can be all zero's..
make sure you are entering correctly the keys and ensure no other keys are similar interfering with the keys your are entering ,
key => https://www.sat-universe.com/showpost.php?p=2037100121&postcount=1997

As i can remember, the keys can be similar, but the transponders # must be 3-5 digits different. if you have 2 transponders # 4040 with the same or different key, one of the transponders must be 4044, or lower the first to 4038 and increase the second to 4042 to be safe.