Erro1: no ca found

dadal1

Registered
Hi,

I don't think your LAN cable is crossover, you can easy see if is or not.

Please place both plugs with teethes up and away from you, first teeth from left on the left plug should go to the third teeth on the second plug and second to sixth, basically pins from 1 to 3 and 2 to 6 are interchanged from one plug to other when the cable is crossover.

If is not an crossover cable you need to use two cables and a switch in order to benefit of DreamUP http mode.

Starting and Stopping the DM could create a lot of temporary files on your internal flash, so one cause could be the lack of free space on your flash for mounting /dev and /proc file systems.

Also could determine filesystem inconsistency which could be automatically repaired, not sure if DM has that type of checks during boot time, something alike scandisk on windows, which start automatically at boot time when the PC is not properly shut down.

If it has, this operation could take few minutes to several tens, let it overnight started. :)

My suggestion, is to try to connect your DM with two LAN cables through switch and test agin DreamUP to see if it finalize starting http service.

If you cannot manage to start http service with LAN cables conected the only way to see what happen with your DM is to have an hyperterminal session connected to your current COM port instead of DreamUP and see all boot process output via hyper-teminal, copy and paste all output of the hyper-terminal here please if you don't understand what is there.

HyperTerminal an windows app which should be downloaded and set/started before powering up the DM.

Best regards,

Marc

Hi Marc,

I have controlled, this is not a crossover cable.
I will buy one. I've downloaded hyper terminal. and first hyperTerminal started and then connected to DM800. I see very strange letters like this:
{è@ ü´øþm( ùø
øüDBþüú?üî-þùÀþüÄŒûaáøæ)`þ

I start drambox then hyper terminal shows these letters . after 1 or 2 second the red LED of DM800 is off and H.terminal also stop work

you say : My suggestion, is to try to connect your DM with two LAN cables through switch and test agin DreamUP to see if it finalize starting http service.

would you please post a pic,
how can two countries Ethernet cables connect to each other
thanks for everything, you think with me about this problem together
and sorry for my bad english (google translator)

serdeliuk

Registered
Hi,

You need to have two LAN cables and a switch or a router.
I suppose that you already have one router with multiple LAN ports, if so, please connect, both, DM and PC to this router with it's own LAN cable and try again the DreamUP with http service.

The strange letter/chars could be because the HyperTerminal is not correctly set, did you set it with:
Bits per second: 115200
Data bits: 8
Parity: NONE
Stop bits: 1
Flow control: Xon/Xoff
You can play with boudrate if above settings are used, try to lower step by step baudrate.

Or probably your computer does not have the right character set installed, unfortunately I don't know which one should be.

Best Regards,

Marc

dadal1

Registered
Hi Marc,
I've tried all boudrate, your setting was the best"Bits per second: 115200"
here is the result:
(c) 2007,2008 Dream Multimedia GmbH. All rights reserved.
Dreambox DM800
FIRST STAGE 1.00 {BO23456}

2ND STAGE OK, build #84 (2011-09-02)

0.000 - BCM board setup
{00000126,00000126,00000125,00000124,00000133,00000133}
0.007 - fp init
0.008 - ca init
1.099 - load config
and stops

best regards

serdeliuk

Registered
Hello,

It seems that is trying to load an config file but it cant, i suppose that is due defective flash zone, flash disks as normal mechanical disks can have bad sectors and as hard disk those sectors could be marked as bad and unusable.

I think the first way to try will be to enable bad sector scanning from DreamUP during flash procedure.

From Extras menu select "recover bad sectors" and flash a new image, I think just an second stage boot loader should do the trick in the fastest way, because is small, so you need to download a second stage nfi image.

After you will set "recover bad sectors" i think you should restart the DM for this new settings to be active.

If you will successfully write a new second stage boot loader you will be able to put your DM in stop mode and flash a new image through web interface.

Good luck,

Marc

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Flash the image as you have tried before with dreamup but on the extra tab of Dreamup select recover bad sectors. This should repair as you flash you also may be better using a small image such as Merlin to help try recover the bad sectors in your flash.

joedenob

Registered
Merlin is the image to use due to size.

Use the recover bad sectors option just in case your flasjh has any bugs

dadal1

Registered
Thansk Marc and all friends
I'll try it, I think I have a hardware problem
sdc14671.jpg

if I can fix it I'm lucky ,otherwise I use it as a donor.

Last edited:

serdeliuk

Registered
Hello,

Which voltage did seems to be incorrect? Compared with what? Do you have the schematic diagram? There it seems to be an IC for voltage regulation, if is under consumption the voltages does not met the datasheet specs.

You could try one more thing if you think your DM is faulty, please remove the tuner module and try again.

If you like and if you have TeamViewer on your computer I can have a look over your DM if is connected through LAN cable on the same network with your computer. If you want send me an PM to talk.

Good luck,

Marc

dadal1

Registered
hi Marc,
I got a schematic diagram from another forum.
I give to other people the correct voltages, maybe this can help someone in the future

SDC14680.jpg

I have no internet modem, I use wireless public. my brother have internet modem. I try it always in his house with DreamUp.
thank you wery much
good night

serdeliuk

Registered
Hello,

Thanks for your image.

I can confirm that all those voltages are right.
I have measured on my DM800HD PVR Clone and are the same.

I have an transistor on my DM near the hole marked as ground in the provided picture where is a wire/strap.

Marc

golub

Registered
Hi I hasve the same problem, no 5V near the cardreader. Can you upload the circuit diagram?

thanks in advance