Crossepg

Bacardi

Registered
Is it possible to install crossepg on the Vu+. I have tried the one which you can get with the pli image, but i prefer crossepg.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Cross EPG reported to be working on the VTI image mate. Ive seen the screen shots to go with it but you have to manual import the epg dat via ftp.

Just got mine and im playing around at the moment not gone the EPG route yet but i will.

Ferret

Bacardi

Registered
I was using Pli image. When i cocked it up i put VTI on it. There is a inbuilt multigraphical epg, which i used Rytec to auto import. i do seem to get less hangup with VTI

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
I was using Pli image. When i cocked it up i put VTI on it. There is a inbuilt multigraphical epg, which i used Rytec to auto import

That maybe what im refering to mate :thum:

But the multigrahpic EPG can be installed on any E2 image to my knowledge and the rytec data base can be downloaded and ftp' over.

Thanks for the info mate as i say only had mine a couple of days still exploring it and have not got around to the EPG side.

Ferret

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Ok mate ive manage to use this version of crossepg on the PLI Image.

http://www.sat-universe.com/showpost.php?p=433000&postcount=6

Some screen shots

CROSSEPGPLI.jpg

CROSSEPGPLIgraphic.jpg

And as you can see here its a full 7 day epg

7daycrossepg.jpg

Absolutely loving the VU!

keano16

Donating Member
Guys I have been using PLi image for a few weeks now but have swapped to VTI since Thursday.
To get crossepg working on VTI what do I need to do ?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Guys I have been using PLi image for a few weeks now but have swapped to VTI since Thursday.
To get crossepg working on VTI what do I need to do ?

Ive not tried this on the VTI image mate so do so at your own risk.

Install this file

http://www.sat-universe.com/showpost.php?p=433000&postcount=6

Unrar and FTP it over to the tmp folder

Then use the manual install option from the VTI panel if it has one i can not remember. If it does not you'll need to use telnet to install the IPK.

After the install do a soft reboot, you'll then find Cross EPG under Menu-Setup or insome cases a long press of the blue button.

NOTE YOU NEED A HARD DRIVE OR USB INSTALL TO RUN CROSS EPG OR IT WILL CRASH

1. Start crossepg if you see your hdd or usb on top option your ok.

2. Scroll and select the EPG's you want and click ok click yes to auto load on boot and auto daily download and select a time.. Then green to save

3. Press the blue button for extras. Start automated task when it finishes reboot and you should now have a 7 day epg.

Ferret

Bacardi

Registered
i installed crossepg and have now lost 7 day epg (on vti). I have reflashed my box and put rytec back on, it downloads but now will not populate the epg.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
i installed crossepg and have now lost 7 day epg (on vti). I have reflashed my box and put rytec back on, it downloads but now will not populate the epg.

Cross EPG is now available for download on the VTI image working 100%

Menu-VTI Panel-Plugins

Press the green button to bring up the plugins list and then scroll to extentions.

Youll find crossepg in there working 100%

Ferret

keano16

Donating Member
@Ferret m8 thanks for the advice you posted for me yesterday, never had chance to try it because my little girl was very sick and I spent most of last night at the hospital.

Looks like VTI have taken things on board and have put crosspeg on their download server.
That's it for me now, this box is complete, CCcam, plays mkv, epg for 7days, plays mp3's without crashing and most of all its stable.
I will deffo be getting the solo version when it comes out so looks like bye bye to my cuberevo and cuberevo-mini.

Update: - Just had a look for crossepg under Extensions on the plugin server and its not there. I have also done a software update but still its not there.

Last edited:

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Yes mate they must of uploaded Crossepg either last night or this morning.

Ive just swapped back to the VTI image. And yes mate rock solid this VU+ is.

Network is faster than my 800 for sure and it will handle more. Would love some more image groups to support it. If VU sent the unofficial image groups a free sample hint hint im sure they would appreciate the quality kit and build a image.

Ferret

keano16

Donating Member
m8 do me a favour can you check plugins server via green button because for me its not listed.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Yes it is there mate.

Your trying to get there by the VTI panel and then Plugings.

If you do not see the text Download Plugins on the Green button then my guess is you have loaded a dodgy skin.

Ferret

keano16

Donating Member
This is strange, I've gone back to the default VTI skin pressed menu then pressed VTI Panel then Plugin Menu then green button waited for plugins information to download gone to extensions but nothing called crossepg is listed.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Your right mate it has gone :eek:

I swear it was there earlier! Maybe they found a bug and removed it. Ive found no bugs.

It looks as though you'll need to do it manually mate as a detailed earlier.

Ferret

Bacardi

Registered
I think if you install a plugin manually it seems to appear in the vti panel. I have had this with a couple of items i installed manually.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
I think if you install a plugin manually it seems to appear in the vti panel. I have had this with a couple of items i installed manually.

Maybe your right mate!

So just follow the manual install. FTP the IPK to the tmp folder and install it from the VTI Panel manual install option.

Ferret