VU Duo, are you happy with it?

jakas

Registered
Premier League? Hmmmm... Not really, for the reasons given above!

Premier League has 2 players, I think: the latest Reelbox [about €1200] amd DMM 8000 HD.

Then the rest below in lesser leagues...

But if some newer recs get the E2 sorted for themselves - that could change things... ;)

nonsense

gorski

Registered
Nonsense = saying "nonsense" without backing it up with anything... :rolleyes:

So, back at ya twice, if you are into kindergarden games... :rolleyes:

Ferret, I am reading a lot about it, as I am prepping to buy...

A clone, most likely... Remember? Did you lock my post?

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
this is the second one i have had, and the tunners is this one is not as good as an original DM800, the both tunners in this one only pick up just over 500 channels on 28 east, were as the 800 picks up over 1000 on the same dish and lnb etc with the same satellite xml file.

quibath

this is the second one i have had, and the tunners is this one is not as good as an original DM800, the both tunners in this one only pick up just over 500 channels on 28 east, were as the 800 picks up over 1000 on the same dish and lnb etc with the same satellite xml file.

Well,

What can I say.You have had a bad luck.

Or...what can I say ;

quibath

As stated above:

1080p, not just 1080i [a big difference!] - but I would have to check this...
more tuners [2 more slots, for PnP tuners] and
capable of blindscan, I think - again, must check this
Picture-in-Picture [isn't it?], which is very useful sometimes,
D/L burner can be installed inside the DMM 8000 HD
and so on...

In conclusion: DM 8000 HD, Reelbox Avantgarde SE = Premier League

All others, support taken into consideration, a minor league players... IF one has the money...

Correct?

Hi

After checking can You give us reply?

Br,Q

gorski

Registered
As I said, I read a lot, that's how I get the info on those...

I don't have them but want to inform myself....

So, when I see it I will write... and get one...

Can you help, please?

Last edited:

quibath

Hi gorski,

Well we are going away about this thread m8 :)
Are You happy with it...

Yes I have seen the thumbnail table myself also,sometimes :)

But it´s also good to compare different receivers which must be your idea.

Then it´s good to compare vu+ to others ones.

And those receivers you mention can not do blind scan ..[nor 4:2:2 (as azbox can do as you know)]

PiP Vu+ can not do.
Br,Q

gorski

Registered
I see. Cool, thanx!

I do not work in the industry, so I am not in a shop, doing it all day long, with all manner of recs, as some people here do. The only source, then, for me, is to read and read...

Cheers!

naveed68

Registered
@ ferret

i am torn betweem dm8000 hd clone and vu duo for second box i see u have tested both witch one did you like the best could give just give marks out of ten on picture quality and marks out of ten for playing back div x from usb hard drive and marks out of 10 for overeall stability

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
@ ferret

i am torn between dm8000 hd clone and vu duo for second box i see u have tested both witch one did you like the best could give just give marks out of ten on picture quality and marks out of ten for playing back div x from usb hard drive and marks out of 10 for overall stability

Its a hard call mate !

The 8000 has slightly better SD picture quality with the HD quality very similar on both. As for Divx playback then the 8000 clone wins hands down.

The build quality is fantastic on the VU the 8000s clone or real don't compare to it. If i was to to keep only one then because its not a clone id keep the VU. What the 8000 clones lack is support from Ferrari. Stability wise like for like really but bear in mind a clone without support drops behind quickly. The 8000 can use a DVD drive has 2 extra tuner slots and wifi built in.

Ferret

sukhvi

Registered
i own a vu+duo,dm800 original and a dm800 clone.there isnt much difference between the original and clone dm800s,but the vu+duo rocks,when setup correctly its just as good if not better then the sly+hd box

grimm70

Registered
Can not say anything about dm 8000. But i have dm 500-600- 7000- 7020.
And at first i was dissapointed with the picture in vu+. But something happend with the image for this box around july/august month.

Not sure wat it was, video driver or something. But the picture was become much better. Now its better picture with my vu+ than my dm 7020(sd). It was different before.

Its fast on Channel switching, only thing i wish was better is the subtitle(text).

Last edited:

naveed68

Registered
what use is wifi really? as i understand it a cable or adapter is best, what use does it have outside of that!

1 not just the wifi that as edged it but other things for me such as div x reliability + extra tuners + plus the fact i dont want to shell out any more money on a wirlesss adapter and i dont want to run a 10 meter ethernet cable from my router to upstairs .

thankyou the end

naveed68

Registered
i see this that this is a well read topic by all linux fans of all linux boxes so hope you dont mind the post as the wondered if vu duo does this
can any one tell me why when im watching a 3 d channel from dm8000 that when i activate the 3d on my panisonic vt20 3d tele that after about a couple of mins the remote control for the dreambox becomes very slow . maybe image problem i dont know .
but it has nothing to do with the box i think its some sought of interferance either from switching the 3d glasses on or activating the 3d on the tv just wondered if the vu duo does this to

hermantel

Registered
Yes I am verry happpy with them So happy, that I even have 2x VUDUO type 1 and 1x VUDUO2 The last is for me the ultimate satellite receiver. I work with Open PLi 4 for me best support and not many bugs. Only pitty is that there is no input HDMI and no HF modulator I know is old school Still would be practical if you have HF cables in every room. But my old DM7020S do the trick. If you have a hobby, you have to do it all the way, right. Good luck.

hermantel

Registered
I advice to download the system plugin video enhancement, from open pli is standard plugin. It really makes you adjust VUDUO exaxtly the way you want your colors, brightness etc. Only issue on the older VUDUO is network mounting problems of other VU and HDD. It seems to be a little problem with kernel maybe. I found a work arround and posted it, just google a bit and you´ll find it, took me all in all 3 days to localise and fix the problem in my set up. As long as you know, there is a simpe way.
Greetings and good luck, Herman