Messed up laptop need help with DCC

pedigree

Registered
Hi all,
I need some help, last night I messed up my laptop, I have changed some security or network setting that is preventing me from accessing any of my boxes using Dcc.
Some Info
My Laptop Lenovo T420s running Win 7
2 Dreamboxes and one Vu+ all wired network
1 Pc wired on network
1 netbook wireless

Problem
Dcc connects to all boxes from Pc (and wireless netbook)
Dcc will not connect from my laptop getting the following message "Enigma2 not detected (Functionality limited)"

This is not a password problem.
I have other functionality working from my laptop.
Webinfo
Telnet through Dos
Cccaminfophp

Another interesting thing is that Dcc on the laptop seems to freeze and i have to use the task manager to close the programme.

I feel I have changed some settings that are preventing the connection and another issue is tha Windows Firewall will not start on the Laptop.

All help appreciated
Pedigree

Last edited:

tomcat415

Donating Member
try running dcc as admin also make sure that any anti virus is not trying to block dcc and have java scripts updated and .net framwork updated see if this helps

pedigree

Registered
Thanks for the suggestions,
Admin made no difference
Disabled Eset no difference
Updated Java no difference.
Could not manage the net framework update.
Interesting that Filezilla works

pedigree

Registered
I am meeting a guy on Wednesday morning to sort out the Windows Firewall issue in case it is part of the problem

indinana

Registered
Dear I think U have combine all of ur network connection via Bridge Connecntion Utility in windows.

pedigree

Registered
Hi
Discovered two viruses on the machine,Trojan Ransom.anc and winxR.A.R.They were slowly deleting the registary, Both had got past my antivirus and Malwarebytes.
Just got the laptop back today and so far so good.
Thanks for the help.
Pedigree