Go Back   Sat Universe > HDTV And Ultra HDTV > Dreambox HD Models > DM 8000 Chat

Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts) or pop-under ads.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.

World-Of-Satellite

how can you change the 1.start logo

DM 8000 Chat

Old 10-05-2020, 15:19  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Default how can change the 1.start logo

Hello everybody,

I have been trying to change the first start logo (bootlogo-dm8000.jpg) for hours because I don't like it.

So far I have only managed the bootlogo.mvi,
change backdrop.mvi, bootlogo_wait.mvi files.

I would like to insert the picture here as the 1st start logo, but how?

I have read through several instructions and tried everything, always only black screen (1st start logo) when I change something. I'm already desperate.

What else can I do, some information about my DM8000

Last edited by taekwondo; 10-05-2020 at 15:26..
Old 10-05-2020, 15:48  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 1,427 Times in 619 Posts

Change the file in boot with an exact same spec file 1280x780x24BPP 16.7 Millions color and 72x72dpi, that is named bootlogo-dm8000.jpg

TS
Old 10-05-2020, 15:58  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

thanks I really tried this for several hours with several instructions, there is always a black screen when I change the 1st boat logo. changing the 2nd boot logo is no problem.
Old 10-05-2020, 16:52  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

You need to replace the splash_cfe_auto.bin
Old 10-05-2020, 17:47  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by levi45 View Post
You need to replace the splash_cfe_auto.bin
As far as I know, openPli has no splash_cfe_auto.bin, only bootlogo-dm .... jpg

Last edited by taekwondo; 10-05-2020 at 18:01..
Old 10-05-2020, 18:30  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Hi try this dont know if it works for your box, but work on my vu+
https://www.sat-universe.com/showthr...oMatik%5BEA%5D
Old 10-05-2020, 19:04  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmonty View Post
Hi try this dont know if it works for your box, but work on my vu+
https://www.sat-universe.com/showthr...oMatik%5BEA%5D
thanks, but us i wrote all 3 mvi files are ok. Need put new in my DM8000 bootlogo-dm8000.jpg, thats my problem
Old 21-11-2020, 22:10  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

u need have in folder /boot these files
bootlogo-dm8000.elf.gz
bootlogo-dm8000.jpg

if u have that, then u can save own logo file there as bootlogo-dm8000.jpg

/boot is read only, do not mess with filies if u dont know what u doing
... in telnet
mkdir /boot
mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock2 /boot

now copy your.img per ftp to /boot
... totalcmd is usefull, on copy dialog do u enter just name bootlogo-dm8000.jpg
after totalcmd uploaded new image

... in telnet
sync
umount /boot
reboot