Go Back   Sat Universe > Nothing to do with SAT > General Chat

Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts) or pop-under ads.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.

World-Of-Satellite

Which VPN is best for adding to a Router

General Chat

Old 21-10-2020, 22:56  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Default Which VPN is best for adding to a Router

I've read that ExpressVPN works well on routers, but as I have never used it before it's hard to determine if what I have heard is more hyped up marketing rather than genuine feedback on the product.

Then there's NordVPN which apparently is a manual setup on the router and does not have an app for mobile device to allow for VPN configuration on the router like ExpressVPN.

Torgaurd, I have no idea about apart from what I've seen on youtube.

All 3 providers have their fair share of criticism on Trustpilot so that makes me wonder if it's all about their marketing strategy rather than a good service that's offered which makes them popular.

Is there a VPN provider that should always be considered 1st?
Old 24-10-2020, 10:16  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

hello
try FastestVPN I use it for 2 years on glinet without problem
Regards
look here
https://fastestvpn.com/lifetime-spec...cid=a1k4_ofl4x
or or search with fastestvpn lifetime

Last edited by unperfect820; 24-10-2020 at 10:21..
Old 24-10-2020, 12:47  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

I think i'll give that one a miss, but thanks anyhow.
Old 25-10-2020, 17:24  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

I've been using ExpressVPN for about a year.
I use it solely on my Asus router with Merlin firmware.
There are 2 methods of setting it up on routers.
They provide a flashable firmware tailored for specific routers.
There is also the option to download an openvpn configuration file. That's what I'm using.
Their firmware just changed too many familiar tweaks that the Merlin firmware had and I was used to using.
Openvpn configs are real easy to install and I can load in multiple configs for different places all over.
To switch from lets say New York to Oslo it's as simple as logging into the router and clicking on the VPN section and turning it on. I've been happy with Express.
The Following User Says Thank You to ArloG For This Useful Post:
Blade (27-10-2020)
Old 25-10-2020, 17:30  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

for high speed VPN
1)MullvadVPN
2)ProtonVPN
3)IVPN
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MarinaLee For This Useful Post:
Blade (27-10-2020), scrotejim (28-10-2020)
Old 25-10-2020, 20:50  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArloG View Post
I've been using ExpressVPN for about a year.
I use it solely on my Asus router with Merlin firmware.
There are 2 methods of setting it up on routers.
They provide a flashable firmware tailored for specific routers.
There is also the option to download an openvpn configuration file. That's what I'm using.
Their firmware just changed too many familiar tweaks that the Merlin firmware had and I was used to using.
Openvpn configs are real easy to install and I can load in multiple configs for different places all over.
To switch from lets say New York to Oslo it's as simple as logging into the router and clicking on the VPN section and turning it on. I've been happy with Express.
ExpressVPN was the avenue I was going to go down. Is there also an app that you can put on your phone to change the settings on your router?
Old 27-10-2020, 01:17  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONY007 View Post
ExpressVPN was the avenue I was going to go down. Is there also an app that you can put on your phone to change the settings on your router?
Most routers have a web interface. Just type the IP in and login as usual.
Old 27-10-2020, 18:53  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArloG View Post
Most routers have a web interface. Just type the IP in and login as usual.
Is your VPN on 24/7 with zero dropouts ? I'm just in the process of setting mine up.
Old 27-10-2020, 23:08  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONY007 View Post
Is your VPN on 24/7 with zero dropouts ? I'm just in the process of setting mine up.
It's been very good. I use an exit that is close to me and no real problems. Using 3 different openvpn configs and really never have to switch between the main one I use.
Old 28-10-2020, 08:23  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

I can recommend ProtonVPN on an annual subscription.
They are one of the few VPN providers who also have their own DNS service inbuilt.

I previously had a PureVPN subscription, but I had to use public or my ISP DNS servers.

I'm currently using a Netgear R7000 running DD-WRT.

This router is configured as a VPN Client to ProtonVPN, so
all LAN & WLAN traffic is routed via the VPN and DNS is served up directly by Proton.

DD-WRT is configurable to add a "kill-switch" so, in the event of a loss of the VPN connection, traffic through the router is not allowed.

Never had any issues for the last couple of years using it.

Last edited by scrotejim; 28-10-2020 at 08:30..