Favsoft chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonely Raven

Registered
Hi.
Program which attached in first post does not work.
Try on two PC's with Windows XP, got the same error:
"The system cannot execute the specyfied program."
Does not metter with or without command line like:
FAVSORT.exe thisdb.dat
Hope will be fixed.
Thanks.

borutju

Registered
Hi.
Program which attached in first post does not work.
Try on two PC's with Windows XP, got the same error:
"The system cannot execute the specyfied program."
Does not metter with or without command line like:
FAVSORT.exe thisdb.dat
Hope will be fixed.
Thanks.

On MS Vista same thing. FAVSORT.EXE does not work (error executing program)... Hope fix will be out soon...

Branta

Oops !

Thanks to elgeneral for moving my progam to this forum and thanks for the feedback.

It seems that in the form I published it, it will run only on a PC with Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 installed. So it runs on my PC, but not yours !

I'll publish a fixed version tomorrow (or maybe later today).

I will mention now that the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package" will need to be installed on your PC to run it. This is a 4MB download so I won't post it with my file (also you may have it installed already). You can find it at:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...75-3B97-4AB7-A40D-3802B2AF5FC2&displaylang=en

Administrator privileges may be required to install this Microsoft package.

Lonely Raven

Registered
Hi Branta.
Even after "Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package" has been installed, I've got the same error.
Possible need something else?
Thanks.

Last edited:

Branta

Yes.

You need BOTH, the new version of the program which I will post later today or tomorrow, and you also need the Microsoft runtime files which you already installed.

Sorry for delay. I am hoping to get upload rights on sat-universe, and if I post in the "other forum" we have to wait for me to get home from work and then for the forum administrator to upload the file.

Please be patient, I have now tested it on a PC with no Visual C++, so it's just a case of getting it published.

Lonely Raven

Registered
Hi Branta.
Unfortunately Favsort ver 0.91 does not work properly.
After precessed db.dat, by this programm, obtained from IPbox9000HD(sw: AB_9000HD_271008_r8340b) with any sort options, db does not looks like valid. Uploading back new db.dat to receiver and pressing FAV button caused to receiver hang on, only Power button OFF\ON can revive it. If new db load to last PCEditor(beta12) too, it show that all fav groups are empty and duplicated last fav group.
Original db and db, obtained after Favsoft 0.91 processing you can find here: http://moemesto.ru/Szerg/file/1370545/Orig_and_result.zip
Thank you for usefull tools, it really helps in Favorits sorting missed in PCEditor. Hope described bugs report help you to fix some exist issues.
I will test new versions with my pleasure.

Branta

Very many thanks for your feedback, Lonely Raven. I have been away for a few days but now I got your files and I can reproduce the problems that you see, therefore it should be easy to fix them.

I hope I will issue a new revision in the next few days.

Also the next release will be a slightly larger executable that requires NO RUNTIME FILES. This thanks to the free Borland Turbo C++ (Explorer edition).

In the meantime I would recommend anyone who would like to try this program to wait for the next revision.

Last edited:

Branta

Here is v0.92

Thanks to great feedback from Lonely Raven I fixed a few problems with FAVSORT, and also it now requires NO RUNTIME FILES.

Lonely Raven

Registered
Hi Branta.
Thank you for new version. Now Groups sorting works fine.
Could you please confirm that sort option G(G to update db, FAVListInfo "seq" numbers repeat from 1 for each group) should work in next manner:
[Group1]
1 chan
2 chan
[Group2]
1 chan
2 chan
[Group3]
1 chan
In my experiment for option G I have obtained (when upload DB to receiver) the same result as for sort option T:
[Group1]
1 chan
2 chan
n chan
[Group2]
n+1 chan
n+2 chan
m chan
[Group3]
m+1
Original and result DBs(v0.92) you can find here:
http://moemesto.ru/Szerg/file/1399240/Favsort_092_orig_and_result.zip
Thanks.

Branta

Explaining the "N", "G" and "T" options

Hello Lonely Raven, thanks for confirming that your groups are sorted correctly at the receiver now.

It's good that you see no difference at the receiver (or in PCEditor) when you choose the "G" or "T" option. It's what I expected (but you have the same receiver as me). However the database is not quite identical in both cases.

When I was working on this program I noticed that in all the databases that I retreived from my receiver there were two very different ways that the "seq" numbering of the favorites was organised. I'll use your own database to illustrate the two styles:

Code:
Style "G"
group 1 has 152 favorites with "seq" from 1 to 152
group 2 has 101 favorites with "seq" from 1 to 101
group 3 has 139 favorites with "seq" from 1 to 139
group 4 has  28 favorites with "seq" from 1 to  28
group 5 has  73 favorites with "seq" from 1 to  73
group 6 has  33 favorites with "seq" from 1 to  33
group 7 has  65 favorites with "seq" from 1 to  65
Code:
Style "T"
group 1 has 152 favorites with "seq" from   1 to 152
group 2 has 101 favorites with "seq" from 153 to 253
group 3 has 139 favorites with "seq" from 254 to 392
group 4 has  28 favorites with "seq" from 393 to 420
group 5 has  73 favorites with "seq" from 421 to 493
group 6 has  33 favorites with "seq" from 494 to 526
group 7 has  65 favorites with "seq" from 527 to 591
It's clear that the required information needed to sort the favorites correctly is present in either case (and both work fine). But I was not sure which style to use for the output from FAVSORT. Finally I decided that it must be o.k. to copy the style of the input database. So that is what my "N" ("normal") option does. Maybe I should have omitted the "G" and "T" options for simplicity.

At the receiver (or in PCEditor) you should see no difference. But I can't be sure that the same is true for all other receiver models from DGStation.

Lonely Raven

Registered
Hi Branta.
So, if I uderstand correctly will be impossible to see exactly the same result on reseiver as you described in first table? I mean that all chaneels inside each groups should start from 1. I have seen on receiver only second table channels order for both cases G and T.
Thanks.

Branta

It's true that the favorites browser in the receiver shows a (4 digit) number against each favorite, but this is not the "seq" value from the database. The receiver renumbers them (of course it takes account of the "seq" value from the database). If the "seq" value were shown, then with your original database the numbers would run from 612 to 1977 (with gaps) which would be very untidy, also you can see that there is a real danger that the "seq" value can go above 4 digits well before you have 9999 favorites.

My example above showed only the way the favorites are numbered internally in the database, you can't see these numbers from the receiver or PCEditor, you only see the favorites in the order that this number determines. The databases you sent (showing the two methods) are indeed different, but (as you say) the end result is the same, which is good.

Branta

Functionality similar to FAVSORT now in PCEditor !

REALLY GREAT NEWS !

In case anyone didn't notice, PCEditor 1.2.46 beta 13 has been released in the past couple of days.

Now you don't need my program FAVSORT.

In PCEditor (on the "TV Channel Edit" or "Radio Channel Edit" page) right-click on "Favourites" (or any of the favourites groups) and choose "Reorder Favourites" from this context menu.

Not only is this a lot easier to use than my FAVSORT program, its also blindingly fast compared with FAVSORT (as JonDoe holds this data in memory).

Many thanks to JonDoe for this (and all the other improvements he has made).

Status
Not open for further replies.