is EVERYBODY happy with their ipbox 9000

catseye

Registered
My gut instinct is to go for the cube revo- i suppose im waiting for enigma 2 flash version with all the goodies that would be associated with it-cams, emus, etc:thum:

Maybe when the Dream 8000 goes on sale to the general public it will open new doors for other linux boxes too:cool:

TerD

Registered
Quick update,

The HDD is working fine. 500 GB Samsung which is quiet, as is the fan.

Box is a bit clunky when changing channels ( not fast and crisp).

Locally we have IP TV so I'm awaiting the plug in for that - ABCOM promise within the 'first half of 2009'.

TerD

jud1255

Registered
UPDATE
Ive had mine (ipbox9000) a week or so now,
using nlb8421 v1.110. Yes i am impressed so far.
I am still waiting for my DVB-T to arrive and install, so cannot comment on that.
the rest,
epg is nearly non existant, maybe wrong software i dont know.
Still have not seen picture tv 1000 on 1 west, where my humax 5400 does see it. I presume all cams are auto on but Mgcamd is always running when selected.
Not doing too much regards software untill the enigma 2 is sorted and settled bugsetc.
as now i give 7½ out of 10.
thank 4 your comments

TerD

Registered
EPG is also clunky,

I'm managing 2 time zones on one epg so I don't know how this is impacting the EPG.

There is a bug in the GMT + ? time set which should be fixed in the next image versions.

EPG works OK for my European programs but not for UK Astra

44matrix

Registered
Very happy with my CubeRevo Mini - ever since Diseqc 1.2,(USALS) Diseqc 1.3 - both have been fixed and DIVX became available. CAMs all that stuff do not really interest me because I already subscribe to sky. BBC HD is OK - awaiting ITV HD fix - I do not get any image or sound on ITV HD currently. A fully working ITV HD would be the Icing on the cake. I am very pleased with the quality of all images - both SD & HD. Currently I am tuned to 3-satellites including Astra 28.2E, Hotbird 13E & Atlantic 5W.

Last edited:

jud1255

Registered
Very happy with my CubeRevo Mini - ever since Diseqc 1.2,(USALS) Diseqc 1.3 - both have been fixed and DIVX became available. CAMs all that stuff do not really interest me because I already subscribe to sky. BBC HD is OK - awaiting ITV HD fix - I do not get any image or sound on ITV HD currently. A fully working ITV HD would be the Icing on the cake. I am very pleased with the quality of all images - both SD & HD. Currently I am tuned to 3-satellites including Astra 28.2E, Hotbird 13E & Atlantic 5W.
yeh that would be nice to get the audio as well as picture

catseye

Registered
Hi jud1255- ive noticed you have the humax 5400 as well as the IP box

How does the tuner on the IPBox 9000 compare to the Hummie -is it more sensitive & can it pull in any stuff the Hummie cant get

Cheers

jud1255

Registered
Hi jud1255- ive noticed you have the humax 5400 as well as the IP box

How does the tuner on the IPBox 9000 compare to the Hummie -is it more sensitive & can it pull in any stuff the Hummie cant get

Cheers
hiya my dish is a 1.8 metre so i dont really have weak channels that i know of .To be honest i have noticed any difference apart from picture quality is far superior with sd and hd, even the channels with sd is brilliant when turning back to such as the normal freeveiw its like going back to the analogue days (VERY NOTICEABLE)

catseye

Registered
Thanks for response -i think im going to go for it:thum:

Just reading up now on incubus cam & mbox:cool:

LLP

Registered
i think the IPbox9000 is a sound machine.

ive have been used to dreamboxes for ages, and decided to go for one of these.

Its a class box, i am very happy with it, and things are just beginning.

Plenty to learn on the 9000.

I just been playing around with enigma 2, which probably be the main image.

the tuners

the sat tuner seems fine

but i am still having slight freezing/block y picture from my cable tuner, i am using mgcamd as my preferred cam , so hopefully the Sifteam can learn from this when they do the Official release of Enigma 2

C tuners work allready on E2 image ? i thought they didnt support S/T/C yet , only S2 .